Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You may want to continue exploring, but I found that both my Pentax K-30 and my Pentax KP would work only a few days on a 64gb card ..... I remove a card each time I read pictures from it {yes, I know, another debate}, and after a few times it would start failing again. After awhile, I gave up on 64gb cards, and now I use only 32gb {or smaller} cards. Ironically, only my Q-7 works consistently on the larger cards.
a bit consoling to know I am not the only one with a mysterious issue - although that does not resolve it, of course

11-06-2019, 04:40 AM   #17
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by tryingmybest Quote
a bit consoling to know I am not the only one with a mysterious issue - although that does not resolve it, of course
That truly is mysterious to me. I use 128Gb cards in both the K-1 and the KP and almost never have a problem - and when I do, it's usually because I pulled the card out of the computer without having executed the "eject" routine. (I never use cables or wi-fi to transfer data, I always pull the cards and read'em directly - in the early days of "local area networks", this was called "sneaker-net", where one would put the data on an external storage medium and physically carry it to a different computer, walking it over in sneakers, the programmers' shoe of choice.)
11-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
That truly is mysterious to me. I use 128Gb cards in both the K-1 and the KP and almost never have a problem - and when I do, it's usually because I pulled the card out of the computer without having executed the "eject" routine. (I never use cables or wi-fi to transfer data, I always pull the cards and read'em directly - in the early days of "local area networks", this was called "sneaker-net", where one would put the data on an external storage medium and physically carry it to a different computer, walking it over in sneakers, the programmers' shoe of choice.)
this is really funny
11-06-2019, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
THE FIRMWARE UPDATE WORKED!!!!!!
I am very happy to report that after performing the firmware update fo 1.15 version, per online video posted on this forum, BOTH my 64 gb cards can be read by my K-r. Just to make sure, I reformatted them in the camera, so they should be ready for the big trip!

Thanks a lot to all who suggested this option!

---------- Post added 11-06-19 at 07:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Use SD Formatter. Use the overwrite format option to return the card to factory standards.

SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association

There is a Mac version.
Sadly, the option with the SD MEMORY CARD FORMATTER did not work for my camera. I downloaded the formatter, suggested by Not a Number, but the camera did not read the cards.

However, as I reported previously, the firmware update to 1.15 version did the trick and both cards are now functional.
Thanks