Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
NY Times - Moment in Time
Lens: 18-55 Camera: K200D Photo Location: Saskatoon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: grainbelt, 05-02-2010, 11:39 AM

NY Times requested photos from around the world at 15:00 GMT. I submitted the attached, from 9 a.m. local time.

It is really difficult to pick a 10-minute window of time and commit to getting a somewhat meaningful result.

Views: 1,588
05-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i like it... the forlorn dog left outside and the gawking folks inside adds the right feel to this... thanks for sharing... dave m
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
i like it... the forlorn dog left outside and the gawking folks inside adds the right feel to this... thanks for sharing... dave m
Thx - the other attempts are in a gallery here

The dog really was pitiful. I find the 'no dogs' sign directly above the dog somewhat amusing as well.
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
Thx - the other attempts are in a gallery here

The dog really was pitiful. I find the 'no dogs' sign directly above the dog somewhat amusing as well.
I'm so disappointed I didn't know about the Moment in Time....hopefully they will do this again. Love the shot even though you think it's mundane.

05-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like this sort of "slice of life" photo - which always seems to me to work better in B&W. It's the kind of shot that you have to look at for a bit.

Nice job - particularly given the time frame.

Jer
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #6

Did this but camera had the wrong time and date

Hi, this morning I did this project with the NY TIMES Lens. I recently changed the time, but realized now I didn't finalize it.

When reviewing the photo later in day, I realized my date and time was off on my PENTAX K-X. Before I bring it into Lightroom can I change all the photos to the correct time?

• Right now it says May 2, 2009, 9:59...I'm so mad.

• Any suggestions to legitimately change this time?

Thanks for your help.

Michael
05-03-2010, 03:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The LENS blog openly stated that they arent' checking EXIF data to confirm anything. Feel free to change it, but they acknowledge in one of the posts that they know people's settings aren't always correct, and don't care.

05-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #8

Thanks for the information. Nice picture too.