Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Behold the carnage!
Lens: Tamron 10-24 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Mosstown ISO: 100 
Posted By: justDIY, 05-11-2010, 06:15 PM

I recently had three big trees cut-down on my property, and to save money, I elected to clean-up the brush myself. Most of my front yard and almost the entire back yard is filled with limbs, branches and leaves.

BEFORE

AFTER

View the album here:
Picasa Web Albums - Gordon - Tree Cut
Views: 1,916
05-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wow, you've got a job ahead of you cleaning up this stuff. In looking at your flickr pics, you can clearly see why they needed to come down. I know this wasn't a cheap job. I had 2 taken down 12 years ago, and they cost a small fortune.
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Landscaping Party

Hi just,
threw a party like that several years ago, was amazing how quickly
invited guest left once trees hit the ground.

Did rent a chipper for about $100 for two days, made things easier
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Craigslist--- Free Firewood. You'll be surprised how fast it disappears. I haven't touched cut wood like that since I discovered the free listings on CL.

05-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Craigslist--- Free Firewood. You'll be surprised how fast it disappears. I haven't touched cut wood like that since I discovered the free listings on CL.

I posted to both Craig's and Freecycle ... lots of calls and a few busy-bodies stopped by but no takers. Free wood is one thing, if it's cut and split ... having to wrestle 300-500-800 LB pieces to get that free wood is another.
05-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by justDIY Quote
I posted to both Craig's and Freecycle ... lots of calls and a few busy-bodies stopped by but no takers. Free wood is one thing, if it's cut and split ... having to wrestle 300-500-800 LB pieces to get that free wood is another.
Yeah, I guess with some people free means Labor free as well. None of what I had to get rid of weighed that much. Most of it disappeared while I was gone so I don't know what people actually did to take it. The tree that came down was about 30 inches in diameter though so it wasn't lightweight stuff.

05-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian

That's quite a mess! I'm not surprised about the wood. People don't like wrestling with big trees. If you're up to it, cut and split it yourself. It will sell for a good price in the fall and you may have enough for some new glass.
05-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Yikes, there goes your shade!

Jason