Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 fishing pictures
Posted By: little laker, 07-30-2007, 09:31 AM

I just took a 3 day writing course with Phil Rowley, one of Canada's leading flyfishing authorities. Phil was the instructor, teaching us how to write articles for magazines.

It really wasn't that hard to drag him out to the local river after class, where I got an unexpected photography lesson on what the present editors like to see.

Here's Phil, with a nice 16" cutthroat

That's my newest fishing rod, Phil left his at home thinking that he'd be too busy to hit the river

I was chest deep in water for this pic

I was actually getting the bottom of my hand wet with 1 photo, while setting the camera on it so I knew how low to the water I could go.

And you can really see the 4 weight rod flexing with this fish on

There's a pretty good chance that any flyfishermen in North America have at least read Phil's book Fly Patterns for Stillwaters

There's a pretty good chance that I'll go out fishing with Phil again, and probably get more camera lessons.
Views: 1,328
07-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series of shots Stu. Phil looks very happy with the fish he caught in 1. The rod looks really thin in 3 but it can obviously cope with the strain. Nice sense of the action.

Paul
07-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Paul

That rod is fine for fish up around 4 pounds, depending upon the fisherman using it.

It's hand made out of some very fine materials, and was actually given to me for the work I did at the event that I photographed 2 weeks ago

I don't know if you like fishing, but if you do I think that we could arrange the odd trip here and there when you make it up this way
07-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Looks like a great time - nice bonus after class field trip !