Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tre Ceiri
Lens: Sigma's 10-20 / 18-50 Camera: Kx Photo Location: Trefor, North Wales 
Posted By: bychan, 05-17-2010, 04:43 PM

Tre Ceiri is the remains of an Iron Age hill fort, dating back to around 78 AD (before the Romans arrived in Britain). It stands at 485m high.

The remains of about 150 stone huts can still be seen, whilst the views in all directions is quite amazing.

I'm not sure what the literal translation of the name is (Tre is Welsh for town).

I've lived under it's shadow all my life, after forty years I've finally made it to the top!

Here are a couple of examples of the huts, and some of the views.

Adrian

Attached Images

Views: 1,601
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos--looks like a great spot to visit.I noticed that your pics have the Iron Age theme and the ones that i posted just minutes before yours is of the the Saugus Iron Works.I guess it shows that great minds think alike.--charliezap
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Britain's archaeology has always been a topic I've found fascinating. My ancestry comes from all over those Isles, including many from Wales. My dream trip to take someday is a tour of ruins, stone circles, dolmens, hillforts and other such things. Thanks for sharing these.
05-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice photos--looks like a great spot to visit.I noticed that your pics have the Iron Age theme and the ones that i posted just minutes before yours is of the the Saugus Iron Works.I guess it shows that great minds think alike.--charliezap
Thanks charliezap, it's amazing what in your case lies nearly on your doorstep, whilst in my case up in the clouds

05-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Britain's archaeology has always been a topic I've found fascinating. My ancestry comes from all over those Isles, including many from Wales. My dream trip to take someday is a tour of ruins, stone circles, dolmens, hillforts and other such things. Thanks for sharing these.
Thanks Mel, I hope that you make it over here, especially Wales (biased, yes ).
05-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #6

Nice shots. Great use of perspective (got that "wow factor) and great use of composition!

I especially like the 4th pic, with the nice foregound features and the mountain and coast line in the background.

Last edited by tigrebleu; 05-25-2010 at 04:25 PM.
05-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tigrebleu Quote
Nice shots. Great use of perspective (got that "wow factor) and great use of composition!

I especially like the 4th pic, with the nice foregound features and the mountain and coast line in the background.
Thanks!