Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
No Hitter - NECBL Holyoke Ma.
Posted By: vievetrick, 07-31-2007, 07:07 PM

WARNING SORRY I FORGOT TO SAY IN HEADING MANY SHOTS BELOW.

So I started the summer shooting games for the The Holyoke Giants they are a Welcome to the NECBL team. Long story short. I was given access to shoot and then sell any pictures to fans and or players families. Well I have shot 6 or 7 games ( they play 20 home games) and really after about the 4th decided I am not going to make much on sales, so I will make friends have fun and try again next year. So last night was the last regular season home game. They are tied for first places and need a win to at least clinch a tie for first. I have typically been shooting until about 8:30ish with my Pentax K10 and the Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX. Last night I planned on staying late, even after to late to really shoot. WOW!! The pitcher for the Giants threw a no hitter It was very cool. As the ninth started I said to my self, "self, remember shoot the pitcher after the last out. Stay on him gets his reaction". Apparently I was not paying attention. Overjoyed at what happened I did get what would have been a great shot, I could have gotten it autographed and been a keepsake for ever. But in the excitement it was so out of focused I am not even going to show it here . But I have been getting some great (in my eyes) shots. I did get about 8 shots posted on the local papers website addition. (I send them stuff all the time they use most and I get credit but no $$ I am okay with that for now.) MassLive.com the shots from July 6th,12th and 30th are mine. Okay enough babbling here are some shots from the game. All shots taken in RAW converted and tweaked one way or another mostly levels, crop, sharpen

Start of the game behind and threw the fence. Mike Thompson is the pitcher for the Giants

Exposure Time 1/350 sec
F-Number F4.5
Exposure Program Program normal
ISO Speed Ratings 400
Metering Mode Center weighted average
Flash No flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 160.0 mm

Forgive the signature on the picture will change later

Exposure Time 1/500 sec
F-Number F4.5
Exposure Program Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings 400
Focal Length 200.0 mm

One of three double plays made during the night to keep the no-no going

Exposure Time 1/1000 sec
F-Number F2.8
Exposure Program Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings 400
Focal Length 200.0 mm

I really like this shot. I know I can't see his face and background a little distracting but I like it. Maybe just the angle

Exposure Time 1/250 sec
F-Number F4.5
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Metering Mode Spot
Focal Length 98.0 mm

Starting the ninth I know he is thinking hard about what is at hand.

Exposure Time 1/90 sec
F-Number F2.8
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Exposure Bias Value 0.5
Flash Unknown (8)
Focal Length 200.0 mm

Last edited by vievetrick; 07-31-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Views: 1,461
07-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Those are great Pat. I've never seen a no-no before at any level. I think if you printed those very fine shots out and took them to the next game, that young man would be thrilled. Keep up the good work.

Y****** S***!
07-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah... but it was not a perfect game!

Just kidding. Great shots and I agree with ericc. It is not often that someone can presrve such an outstanding effort with quality photography.

Wonderful effort. Wonderful outcome for you too!

Stephen
08-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It was a lot of fun. I have never scene a no hitter in real life either. I was actually very excited as were the 400 or 500 fans. Thanks for the comments. next time perfect game