Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few from my weekend
Posted By: Petthefish, 08-01-2007, 12:55 AM

I'm still learning to use the K100D but I managed to go to Point Defiance Zoo and Park in Tacoma Washington this Weekend here are a few shots from the trip thanks for looking and as always tips and critiques are welcome rp

Roses

Yellow and white rose

Merry Go Round

Flower ( Someone help me with the name)

My son Daniel

Views: 2,972
08-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, of all the photos I like the one of your son best. It has impact, I think because of the horizontal, ascending lines of the steps and the contrasting colours. The top rims of the glasses though unfortunately obscure Daniel's eyes and the reflection of light below the lower rims is a distraction. May have been better either to ask him to remove his glasses for the shot or to try from a different angle. First two flower shots are nice but seem a little over soft/out of focus. Interesting effect in the Merry Go Round shot. It draws you back for another look.

Paul
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Hi, of all the photos I like the one of your son best. It has impact, I think because of the horizontal, ascending lines of the steps and the contrasting colours. The top rims of the glasses though unfortunately obscure Daniel's eyes and the reflection of light below the lower rims is a distraction. May have been better either to ask him to remove his glasses for the shot or to try from a different angle. First two flower shots are nice but seem a little over soft/out of focus. Interesting effect in the Merry Go Round shot. It draws you back for another look.

Paul
I was thinking the same thing about your sons picture. With my wife and my brothers I generally get them to look elsewhere (to the side or above me a little), or take off their glasses, or sometimes they can push their glasses up higher on their nose (it looks silly in person but on film it looks normal - usually).

I think they are all great though. The merry-go-round is a very cool effect indeed.
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Personal fave is the merry-go-round. I love seeing movement in pictures, so there. And as Paul mentioned, it draws you in for a second look. I know I did.

Good work on your son's picture, too.

08-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
yeah I did not notice his glasses were down on his nose till we got home and were looking at the pic we may have to go back and re take this one and try and get a few different shots I did get this one But with the sun at our back it still has light from the glasses rp