Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The world of small goes on forever
Lens: quantaray 70-300mm Camera: ist-ds Photo Location: Saugus Ma. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F32 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM

I was going thru some of my old stuff to see what would tolerate some extreme cropping to perhaps see one of my shots in a different perspective.I stopped at about 20% of the original size for this one.It was getting noisy.I always liked this shot because it reminds me of the old movie from the 50's "The incredible shrinking man" who at the end gets so small that he was able to walk thru the blades of grass and dew drops into oblivion and whatever lies ahead in the minutia of the universe.--Prof Charliezap phd--Quantum Physics-AM/FM--AC/DC
Views: 1,311
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Neat shot, Capn. I well remember the Incredible Shrinking Man - both the book and the movie. This shot and your comment certainly bring back the memory.

Jer
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That's a really interesting shot.

Bearing in mind I'm an amateur at assessing anything artistic - I try to tell you "what happened".

When I first saw it I thought "Wow... Nice... Pretty"...

When I returned to it a few seconds later I found my eye wandering... Confused as to the subject. Staring at it again I think it's a brilliant picture that is both confusing and attracting.

That's probably not all that helpful... But I enjoyed exploring the picture and the keyboard...
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
That's a really interesting shot.

Bearing in mind I'm an amateur at assessing anything artistic - I try to tell you "what happened".

When I first saw it I thought "Wow... Nice... Pretty"...

When I returned to it a few seconds later I found my eye wandering... Confused as to the subject. Staring at it again I think it's a brilliant picture that is both confusing and attracting.

That's probably not all that helpful... But I enjoyed exploring the picture and the keyboard...
At first blush the Original uncropped picture seems "busy."I find that in PP it's neat to zoom and pan and maybe find a picture within a picture.Now there are 3 versions of the same pic and I think that maybe I like the 2nd cropped one better than the first one posted on this thread.Everything is subjective everyone has a different point of view.That's what makes doing this a challenge and relaxing at the same time---charliezap

Attached Images

05-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Neat shot, Capn. I well remember the Incredible Shrinking Man - both the book and the movie. This shot and your comment certainly bring back the memory.

Jer
Jer-Most of the movies that i saw during the 50's were science fiction and horror flixs.My wife tells me that it explains a lot--charliezap
05-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Jer-Most of the movies that i saw during the 50's were science fiction and horror flixs.My wife tells me that it explains a lot--charliezap
Same here, Capn. No wonder that we're handsome, suave, intellectually imaginative and know good booze when we see it.

Jer
05-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Definitely great shots and I see you have the same fascination of shooting through drops.
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Really terrific work. I would not have thought a Quantaray was capable of that

05-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Ooooo. I REALLY like this. I have a couple Quantaray lenses. One is probably that same 70-300 zoom (about 10 years old) and the other is an old 135/2.8 manual. It does some weird things to the colors (over bluifies everything) but is seriously sharp. I think they're a tad underrated myself. Nice work.
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Definitely great shots and I see you have the same fascination of shooting through drops.
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Really terrific work. I would not have thought a Quantaray was capable of that
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Ooooo. I REALLY like this. I have a couple Quantaray lenses. One is probably that same 70-300 zoom (about 10 years old) and the other is an old 135/2.8 manual. It does some weird things to the colors (over bluifies everything) but is seriously sharp. I think they're a tad underrated myself. Nice work.
THANKS GUYS--For a very entry level lens the Quantaray at least for me does an admirable job.As i stated in previous posts I'm planning on getting the "Bigma" and for the difference in price $150 Q-lens vs $1600 Bigma I expect a big difference in the quality of my pics or the "Bigma" is going back.After I post this reply I will be posting a moon shot that I took last night with the Quantaray which will be used for comparison value when I get the "Bigma"--charliezap