Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
The world of small goes on forever
Lens: quantaray 70-300mm Camera: ist-ds Photo Location: Saugus Ma. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F32 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM


I was going thru some of my old stuff to see what would tolerate some extreme cropping to perhaps see one of my shots in a different perspective.I stopped at about 20% of the original size for this one.It was getting noisy.I always liked this shot because it reminds me of the old movie from the 50's "The incredible shrinking man" who at the end gets so small that he was able to walk thru the blades of grass and dew drops into oblivion and whatever lies ahead in the minutia of the universe.--Prof Charliezap phd--Quantum Physics-AM/FM--AC/DC
Views: 1,311
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,811
Neat shot, Capn. I well remember the Incredible Shrinking Man - both the book and the movie. This shot and your comment certainly bring back the memory.

Jer
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North of Canada
Posts: 612
That's a really interesting shot.

Bearing in mind I'm an amateur at assessing anything artistic - I try to tell you "what happened".

When I first saw it I thought "Wow... Nice... Pretty"...

When I returned to it a few seconds later I found my eye wandering... Confused as to the subject. Staring at it again I think it's a brilliant picture that is both confusing and attracting.

That's probably not all that helpful... But I enjoyed exploring the picture and the keyboard...
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,248
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
That's a really interesting shot.

Bearing in mind I'm an amateur at assessing anything artistic - I try to tell you "what happened".

When I first saw it I thought "Wow... Nice... Pretty"...

When I returned to it a few seconds later I found my eye wandering... Confused as to the subject. Staring at it again I think it's a brilliant picture that is both confusing and attracting.

That's probably not all that helpful... But I enjoyed exploring the picture and the keyboard...
At first blush the Original uncropped picture seems "busy."I find that in PP it's neat to zoom and pan and maybe find a picture within a picture.Now there are 3 versions of the same pic and I think that maybe I like the 2nd cropped one better than the first one posted on this thread.Everything is subjective everyone has a different point of view.That's what makes doing this a challenge and relaxing at the same time---charliezap

Attached Images
   
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,248
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Neat shot, Capn. I well remember the Incredible Shrinking Man - both the book and the movie. This shot and your comment certainly bring back the memory.

Jer
Jer-Most of the movies that i saw during the 50's were science fiction and horror flixs.My wife tells me that it explains a lot--charliezap
05-21-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,811
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Jer-Most of the movies that i saw during the 50's were science fiction and horror flixs.My wife tells me that it explains a lot--charliezap
Same here, Capn. No wonder that we're handsome, suave, intellectually imaginative and know good booze when we see it.

Jer
05-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 27,640
Definitely great shots and I see you have the same fascination of shooting through drops.
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,411
Really terrific work. I would not have thought a Quantaray was capable of that

05-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
mel
Veteran Member
mel's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,531
Ooooo. I REALLY like this. I have a couple Quantaray lenses. One is probably that same 70-300 zoom (about 10 years old) and the other is an old 135/2.8 manual. It does some weird things to the colors (over bluifies everything) but is seriously sharp. I think they're a tad underrated myself. Nice work.
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,248
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Definitely great shots and I see you have the same fascination of shooting through drops.
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Really terrific work. I would not have thought a Quantaray was capable of that
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Ooooo. I REALLY like this. I have a couple Quantaray lenses. One is probably that same 70-300 zoom (about 10 years old) and the other is an old 135/2.8 manual. It does some weird things to the colors (over bluifies everything) but is seriously sharp. I think they're a tad underrated myself. Nice work.
THANKS GUYS--For a very entry level lens the Quantaray at least for me does an admirable job.As i stated in previous posts I'm planning on getting the "Bigma" and for the difference in price $150 Q-lens vs $1600 Bigma I expect a big difference in the quality of my pics or the "Bigma" is going back.After I post this reply I will be posting a moon shot that I took last night with the Quantaray which will be used for comparison value when I get the "Bigma"--charliezap
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature WORLD OF SMALL charliezap Post Your Photos! 3 02-14-2010 10:40 PM
Tenba Black Label Small Satchel - great small bag! andi Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 2 10-13-2009 07:44 PM
Small things amuse small minds artobest Pentax Film SLR Discussion 17 03-06-2009 01:38 AM
small world lihang Post Your Photos! 6 12-24-2008 04:18 PM
Tran--Small World pntxjack Photographic Technique 4 12-01-2008 08:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top