Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Primula veris L.
Lens: Built-in Camera: Panasonic DMC-FS7 Photo Location: Åsbyviken, Närke, Sweden. ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: aliquis, 05-23-2010, 07:13 AM

(Lens should had read built-in 5.5 mm I guess.)

Unsharp and everything (I think I tried it out in the iA-mode since it's my moms camera and that's probably better for her than normal, so I don't even know if the camera has chosen macro setting or not.) Unbroken petals would have helped to ...
Not taken or intended for viewing/bragging/because it's such an awesome example of a photo .

But since I put it on facebook anyway... (Together with a bunch of photos of what was my dads cottage/house.)

I've got one on some red ones to but it look like crap because there is lots of grass in the way. Would had looked much better if I had pushed the grass aside first.

Anyway, what's not to be loved with flowers like these?
Views: 1,455
05-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Panosonic is a nice little camera. I had the same model but my son kept hinting he wanted it so he has it now.
It does have a dedicated macro mode and also manual focus.
05-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
The Panosonic is a nice little camera. I had the same model but my son kept hinting he wanted it so he has it now.
It does have a dedicated macro mode and also manual focus.
Yeah, I know but my mother is 66 and haven't used computers except for more or less only writing "social security numbers" at her job at the blood bank. Earlier I had put it in normal mode because it made sense for me, I also noticed I had forced the flash of. But neither of those modes are very good for her ..

I had it at spot focus and pre-focused on the right one before changing view, but may eventually not had set it in macro mode, don't remember.

It lacks aperture mode which is kinda sad.

She stopped working at 65 and would get a gift worth 1000 SEK from her job and eventually would get a bike or something such. But it took so long time that she decided on a camera and I never set a date for us to meet and look for one so she bought the FS7 one on her own (together with some seller of course.)

But yeah, didn't looked too bad reading reviews. Could had been slightly wider and bigger aperture on the long end wouldn't hurt either, but it's snappy when it comes to focusing, and the boke doesn't look disturbing atleast

My sister got a Fuji F30 which I suggested her to get, I recommended some follow up of that for my mom to but the camera at the same performance level of that one cost more than the DMC-FS7.

My own camera is an Olympus UZ C-765 so that's kinda suck

Though atleast it's good at macro photos

All the photos which are online are here:
Johan Krüger-Haglert's Photos - Haganäs, Åsby | Facebook

But I will be adding 15 or so more there.

Won't put up all photos though, will be boring enough to watch through them as is

I think my pre-focus idea was bad because I ended up with photos like this (got one with some white flower petals which are really out of focus), don't know if I just shot this one or not but if I pre-focused whatever movement I did afterward have put the focus a little too far back:

Anyway all the cowslips are adorable:

They come from my moms house in the first place, when my parents separated my dad shoveled some up and took to his place and then they have spread. Which is a good thing because over at my moms place her current man have made lots of garden work so the wild side of the garden have had to take a step back for grass with no cowslips and a huge hill behind the house which had lots of them have had plenty removed to show off some rocks and make room for various plant beds.

Last edited by aliquis; 05-23-2010 at 08:56 AM.
05-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
Dads (he recently passed away in pneumonia which was likely caused by the drug Risperdal, he spent his last time at a nursing home after having developed Alzheimers) place is much wilder: