Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
So much for sharing...
Lens: Tamron 28-75/2.8 Camera: Kx Photo Location: Backyard ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: dgaies, 05-23-2010, 10:39 AM

I have a feeling this set of three photos is a preview of what's to come.

Views: 2,320
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very cute! You did a great job capturing the progression of the moment also. I love the expression on ( your sons ?) face especially. It really says it all.

Also very good color and crisp.
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice job. The colors look very natural and subtle--charliezap
05-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #4

Great shots. Very cute kids and funny expressions. enjoyed all of them. I'm guessing your younger son is about 7 month old. My only complaint is the framing and perspective could have been better.

05-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Very cute! You did a great job capturing the progression of the moment also. I love the expression on ( your sons ?) face especially. It really says it all.

Also very good color and crisp.
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice job. The colors look very natural and subtle--charliezap
Thanks! Yeah, those are my sons

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex00 Quote
Great shots. Very cute kids and funny expressions. enjoyed all of them. I'm guessing your younger son is about 7 month old. My only complaint is the framing and perspective could have been better.
Thanks and good guess He'll be 7 months in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I suppose if I had time I would have tried framed it a bit differently and taken it from a different position. It was one of those times when you look up, see a good opportunity and take what you can get. I didn't want to take a chance of missing the shot by taking the time to try and move into a better position.

By the way, I was trying some shots of my younger son this afternoon with the DA15 after checking out some of yours shots
05-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Thanks! Yeah, those are my sons

Thanks and good guess He'll be 7 months in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I suppose if I had time I would have tried framed it a bit differently and taken it from a different position. It was one of those times when you look up, see a good opportunity and take what you can get. I didn't want to take a chance of missing the shot by taking the time to try and move into a better position.

By the way, I was trying some shots of my younger son this afternoon with the DA15 after checking out some of yours shots
The shots are great. Nice to look at them everytime. I have a 6 month old daughter and i know how it feels. That's how i was able to estimate your son's age.

Let's see your 15mm Portrait shots. Post them here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/101363-people-baby-portrait-da-15mm.html
05-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Your boys look about the same age as mine and I have the same problem

Did you use a flash for fill light? Either way you got a nice result.

05-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ahhh... sibling rivalry.. wonderfully unscripted series.... excellent captures... dave m
05-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tootall Quote
Your boys look about the same age as mine and I have the same problem

Did you use a flash for fill light? Either way you got a nice result.
Thanks. No fill, just the noon sun

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
ahhh... sibling rivalry.. wonderfully unscripted series.... excellent captures... dave m
Thanks. Yeah, this was the first time I've seen something that resembled "sibling rivalry" between them. Then again, we don't usually give the older one juice boxes, so when he got his hands on one at this birthday party I can see why he'd be a little protective of it
« 3 | extra weedy »