Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My last Pentax photos...indefinitely
Lens: kit lens, 50mm 1.4 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Albuquerque, NM 
Posted By: ChainbreakR, 05-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Well guys, I bought a Canon. I know, I feel dirty and shameful....I just needed 1080 manual video and couldn't quite wait until September for a new Pentax...soo, i figured I'd post my latest/last Pentax stuff. I will truly miss owning this brand!

These are both HDR backgrounds shot with 5 exposures and then I had Nathan(Nikon man) step into the frame in which I hit him with a bare off camera strobe.

Simple black cloth and bounce flash always works wonders

Views: 1,588
05-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first two are great- nice and crisp. Too bad to see you switching brands over video, though Good luck!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #3

Nice pictures. I really love the first two: great work with the composite images!

The HDR effect is pretty subtle, by the way: great job there.

On a side note, I'll most probably be going for a 5D MkII very, very soon (waiting for the tax refund — lol), for the same reason: the full HD video!

Too bad the K-7 has no full manual control and is not 1080p. I'd stick to my lenses and even buy some more!

Being a cinematographer and photographer, a tool which allows me to do both would be great... And since the 5DII is also a full-frame, I'll gain some IQ, especially ay high ISO.
05-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys!

Tigrebleu- Sounds like you understand where I'm coming from. Even so, I'm just seeing the Canon's dominate the Pentax's in low light in video. With our luck, Pentax will release something sweet in September and we'll be crying over our Canon's in half a year!

05-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It truly is sad that you are switching only because of 1080p capability when there really isn't a big enough difference to tell from 720p.
05-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #6

Great photos, I also switch to canon recently. I loved both of my K20Ds but sold them and all the lens to get a 5D II and 24-70 and 70-200. Now I need/want the 50 1.2 and/or 85 1.2 - it's so crazy...