Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Juvenile House Finch
Lens: 18-55mm DA Camera: K100d Photo Location: Utah ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: mr tibbs, 05-26-2010, 06:00 PM

The wife hung up a bird feeder in the back yard and we are attracting all sorts of birds! Here is a juvenile House Finch that I got a close up of today.

Views: 2,639
05-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic shot! 5/5. Great colors, but particularly great composition! The fact that there are only 3 dominant colors also makes this shot quite pleasing to the eye. One question, though- why does the upper part of the branch beside the beak seem to have motion blur? Was this an HDR shot, or was the twig just shaking?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Adam, I have do idea. I was kind of hoping someone would bring this up so I could find out myself. The wind did seem to be calm at the time of the shot, but maybe the twig was moving. The shot is not HDR and it is a single frame shot.

BTW, thanks for the great comment!
05-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I guess that's the only likely cause, then. Still a nice shot

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
JSJ

Was this shot by kit lens??? I hope I can take a shot this sharp with my kit lens. Thumb up!
05-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JSJ Quote
Was this shot by kit lens??? I hope I can take a shot this sharp with my kit lens. Thumb up!
No sorry, I made a mistake when I posted this pic. This was taken with the Pentax DA 55-300mm zoom lens.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
05-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
JSJ

QuoteOriginally posted by mr tibbs Quote
No sorry, I made a mistake when I posted this pic. This was taken with the Pentax DA 55-300mm zoom lens.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
Still a great shot!