Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
London's Statues & Monuments, the project so far...
Lens: smc-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited Camera: K20D Photo Location: London, UK ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: paulyrichard, 05-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Last edited by paulyrichard; 05-28-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Views: 1,620
05-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this a part of a larger series? Seems like a great start so far. The B&W certainly works well here!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-28-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam, Paul has posted at least a few of these separately as part of this project.
----

I really like these Paul. Most of these tell a story reasonably well to my eyes. The Sphinx and the horse statue are my favourites. It seems quite powerful when you have a person in the frame that complements the subject well.

cheers,
Jason
05-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Paul, I liked these when you posted some of them individually - but there's a synergism when they're assembled that really works - great job.

Jer

05-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is this a part of a larger series? Seems like a great start so far. The B&W certainly works well here!
Thanks, Adam. These are the first lot of images for this project, which I started three weeks ago.

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
I really like these Paul. Most of these tell a story reasonably well to my eyes. The Sphinx and the horse statue are my favourites. It seems quite powerful when you have a person in the frame that complements the subject well.

cheers,
Jason
Thanks, Jason. I've learnt that people are a good element to use and include in these images, as they can give scale and as you say they can complement the subject in a number of ways. In regard to people interacting unwittingly or not, that's down to luck and happenstance. Cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Paul, I liked these when you posted some of them individually - but there's a synergism when they're assembled that really works - great job.

Jer
Thanks, Jer.
05-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I echo Jer's sentiments, Paul. I'm a fan of your work, and while I have certainly appreciated these shots individually, there's undeniable impact seeing them together as a collection/collage. Thanks for sharing them in that way!
05-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nate_b Quote
I echo Jer's sentiments, Paul. I'm a fan of your work, and while I have certainly appreciated these shots individually, there's undeniable impact seeing them together as a collection/collage. Thanks for sharing them in that way!
Thanks very much, Nate.

I thought there was a photo missing from the collection above, so i've added it. It's the last one in the last row.
06-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are a few more images for this project.
I have now started work on compiling these images for a 12"x12" Hardback book, using the services provided by Blurb Books.

paulyrichard Boadicea - Westminster, London '10

paulyrichard Emperor Trajan - Tower Hill, London '10

paulyrichard "Physical Energy" - Kensington Gardens, London '10

paulyrichard Henry Bartle Frere - Whitehall Gardens, London '10

Last edited by paulyrichard; 06-07-2010 at 01:16 PM.
06-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This TV camera had been left here unmanned, on the Victoria Memorial. I think it was used in the filming of the out-going Prime Minister and his entourage, who would have been journeying down The Mall on his way to meet the queen, and to hand in his resignation. Something like that, anyway.

I liked the relationship between the camera and the statue in this scene. It makes me wonder if that statue has a remote release in his hand.

paulyrichard TV Camera & Statue - Victoria Memorial, London '10