Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Treasure at the beach" a fun story
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k20d Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-31-2010, 07:21 AM

So my wife says to me"Why don't you be a nice guy and take me and my mother to the beach and while we sit you can cruise the beach with your metal detector.Me being mister nice for at least one day agreed and I guess the "Treasure Gods" must have been smiling on me .The Tiffany bracelet from what I have ascertained goes for about $200 new and the ring if it is a real "Chanel"-- I don't know right now as to its value.A gentleman at the beach (Nahant Beach) who has photographed estate jewelry seems to think that the small stones are real.That's my story and I'm sticking to it It's a nice day again in the Boston area so I'm going down to the Riverside cemetery on this Memorial Day here in Saugus Ma and remember and photograph the section where our fallen heros are now at eternal rest.--charliezap

Last edited by charliezap; 01-21-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Views: 2,693
05-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Capn, I suggest we offer (at additional cost) treasure-hunting side trips on our charter offers from the Saugus River Luxury Marina.

Neat story - I wonder if Blue Beard ever made it that far north.

Jer
05-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Capn, I suggest we offer (at additional cost) treasure-hunting side trips on our charter offers from the Saugus River Luxury Marina.

Neat story - I wonder if Blue Beard ever made it that far north.

Jer
Jer- When we do the treasure-hunting side trips I'm going to appoint you head of security and you can "hand wand" all the boarders prior to sailing with cabin wenches getting extra scrutiny.--Capt Zap
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Charlie, you found my ring and my bracelet. Thanks so much. PM me for my mailing address. (Really huge grin inserted here.)

05-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Charlie, you found my ring and my bracelet. Thanks so much. PM me for my mailing address. (Really huge grin inserted here.)
Susan, I'm not sure the Capn'll send the goods, but maybe you can talk him into a a 10% discount on a Treasure Hunt from the Saugus Luxury Marina.

Jer
05-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Susan--I wish that I had a dollar for everytime someone at the beach said "if you find a diamond ring it's mine."--charliezap
06-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Now Charlie, you don't think I would make up something like that do you? I distinctly remember my ring consisted of two horseshoes with 8 diamonds in each. Send it home; it needs its owner.

06-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Now Charlie, you don't think I would make up something like that do you? I distinctly remember my ring consisted of two horseshoes with 8 diamonds in each. Send it home; it needs its owner.
How about if I meet you on your home turf and you can try it on like "Cinderella" and see if it fits and if it does when can" negotiate "a price?The jeweler says that the ring stones are C.Z. and the ring is about $30-$40.The Tiffany--return to Tiffany--bracelet "on the other hand" is the real deal and could fetch around$150.The metal detector that i use is a "Minelab" made by the good folks in Austraila and I do have a good time with it when I go on vacation.My wife likes to sit in the sun while I walk the beaches looking for lost hidden treasure.--CharlieZap
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Forum Member

Nice stuff Charlie, did you get any pictures at the cemetary. It would be real interesting to see being Memorial Day and all with the flags out.
06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chacoansun Quote
Nice stuff Charlie, did you get any pictures at the cemetary. It would be real interesting to see being Memorial Day and all with the flags out.
I did get some pics that day at the cemetery.If I did the link right here it is. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/103294-people-memorial-d...en-heroes.html