Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Boats and ducks
Posted By: thomasjmpark, 08-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Hi,

I took this when I first got my K10D and so didnt realise I was supposed to record the exif data for peoples reference, sorry.

Anyway this is a shot overlooking Derwentwater in Keswick, Lake District.

Views: 1,635
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
whoops, link

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1262/1009069233_67b71976dc_o.jpg
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #3

Decent composition. You captured a great mood here - peaceful and relaxing. However, the coloring in the image seems desaturated.

Anyway, overall, you have an average shot. I think converting this image to black and white would've been the best thing to do.
08-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, yeh tbh I think the colours are a bit drained. Is funny because I actually knocked a bit of blue out of the shot and added a bit of red for warmth. Maybe that didnt quite work.

On to the next...

08-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice composition Tom. Colours don't look that far out to me, but when I bought my K10D I read the review at:

DCRP Review: Pentax K10D

The reviewer felt that the default settings on the camera gave dull colours/soft pictures and recommended adjusting settings to Contast: +1, Sharpness: +2, and if you personally felt it appropriate Saturation: +1. I have changed my settings in line with this. I don't know if it is still relevant as there has probably been a firmware change since the review was done. I don't know if firmware changes affect these kind of issues. It would be interesting to know if others have modified these settings and what their experience has been or if they have felt the default settings were ok.

Paul
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Channeler,

Ive had the camera for 2 weeks now with varying results. This is probably down to my being a relative novice but, I have noticed that most if not all pictures I take seem to be overly saturated ( really not true to the actual scene).

I dont really have a problem with this because of good old photosop, but it does beg the question of how film photographers were able to produce the results they do with limited technology! I come from a digital generation and have missed the film techniques. I guess thats why I have to learn alot more about the craft.

Thanks for comments