Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Yorke Peninsula - Part 2 C&C welcome (large)
Posted By: ppeter, 08-05-2007, 01:24 AM

Views: 1,601
08-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Really beautiful colour from this coast.

I would love to take a walk along the beach enjoying the serenity of this place
08-05-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful scenery and nice perspectives/depth to your photos. All good so my comments are only suggestions for further iomprovement and only my opinion at end of day. With central rock feature in 2 I'd have been inclined to put it a little off centre. Really like the way you caught the breaking surf in 5. I think a little more DOF would have helped in 6. I find 7 fascinating yet so simple.

Paul
08-05-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Beautiful scenery and nice perspectives/depth to your photos. All good so my comments are only suggestions for further improvement and only my opinion at end of day. With central rock feature in 2 I'd have been inclined to put it a little off centre. Really like the way you caught the breaking surf in 5. I think a little more DOF would have helped in 6. I find 7 fascinating yet so simple.

Paul
Great series overall. I can't add much to Channeler's comments other than the blue water in 1 seems over saturated and looks like neon blue on my monitor. Also are these originally Jpeg's or shot at a high ISO? There seems to be a fair amount of noise in the shots. It's the main reason I shoot RAW all the time now.

I must say that the 3 guys with those para sails, is a great shot. They look like they are about to take flight or get dragged away. I like the 'feel' and action of that shot.There's a good symmetry in the shot that you could enhance. Right now it's 2 trucks 2 para sails and 3 guys. Crop the extra leg and any viewer would think it's 2 guys as well.

Numbers 2 and 5 are definitely my favourites of the series. Nice shooting angles and choice of subject. Sharp, great colours and exposures, couldn't be better. Overall you've captured the mood of the area well. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by Peter Zack; 08-05-2007 at 07:04 PM.
08-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow, very different series to mine of the same place! https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/5939-todays-700km-drive-york-peninsula.html

Love the second photo in particular. Nice work.
08-05-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Peter WOW!!! These are great shots! I love them all . can we get some of your techinal info. Lens, body, pp work?
08-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

A good series of images. I find it difficult to offer C&C since it all boils down to personal opinion but here goes.

A few shots would have benefited from more depth of field, specifically 2 and 3, perhaps shooting at hyperfocal distance would help. The contrast is a bit flat and the colors are a bit over saturated for my taste, but that is probably just me.

08-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The colors and DOF on the first one are spot on INHO a beautiful capture. I like the framing and angle on the second one. Others are nice as well - first two are my favorites - nice work.
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments, I'll reply in more detail when I get home from work tonight.

Cheers

Peter
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Beautiful. You demonstrate masterful control of DOF with these shots. Well done.
08-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
Inactive Account

All of these are very, very nice shots... but that second one just blows me away! Excellent work!
08-06-2007, 02:29 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all very much for your comments, All were shot with a K10D and Sigma 17-70 or 70-300 mm lens. All are jpeg with camera set to bright mode with 0 saturation, sharpness +1 and contrast - 1. First 2 photos are HDR from 3 exposures and processed with Photomatix. All others are post processed in PSE5 with slight cropping, levels adjustment ( usually auto levels) and slight USM,though each are processed individually to bring out their best. All processed on a uncalibrated laptop so not sure how they look on other displays, but I usually uncheck color profiles when saving as jpegs.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment as I'm fairly new to DSLR's and I find it very encouraging to have feedback - good or bad .

Peter