Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few birds from this weekend. 7 pictures
Posted By: vievetrick, 08-06-2007, 06:17 AM

Sorry for so many at once but wanted to share. So I have bird feeders around the house here and there. We put one of those ones you suction cup to the window in last year over the sink and it never got any attention until this year. Now we get, yellow finches, black capped chickadees, tufted titmouse's, and anyone else that flies buy. I have never tried to take pictures as the window is usually not the best as it is covered with seeds. The birds took to landing on the open side windows and take turns at the feeder, well with this being summer we have the windows closed most of the time so I installed a little perch outside the window using some wood and a branch from the woods. It is working very well for the birds. So enough babbling. Here are some shot taken through the window and still need a little work. Enjoy and comments. welcomed
I know it is not focused correctly but I love that he is looking at me looking at him.

Out the window about 5 or 6 feet from the house.

I think a baby woodpecker.

My turn, no myturn.

The line for the feeder.

Taken with the Sigma 70-200 then cropped.

Views: 1,568
08-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks llike the suction cup feeder is working! I like 3 & 7 the best, all very sharp ( except for the first one. thanks for sharing.
08-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice set of photos. I particularly like 2, 6 and 7. Were they all taken with your Sigma 70-200?

Paul
08-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think number 1,3 & 4 are with the FA 50mm 1.4. I have to check. I could be wrong. I took about 30 or so shots and only a handfull with the 50 as I got a little close to the window it spoked them. I figured the 70-200 let me stand a littel bit away and still get some close enough. I think I will try a small blind on the porch near the window when I get the time to try and get more on the perch as it looks a lot more natural. Thanks for the comments guys.

08-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey, Pat!

I agree with 2, 6, and 7 being the most striking. The birds stand out well from the BG.. Well done.

Keep them coming.
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I particularly like 2, 3, 6 and 7. The first one is honestly not so hot by my eyes in that its eyes are totally obscured. The 6th one, in my opinion is the finest in that its beautiful, sharp and I can see the glint in the bird's eye. Its very very nice. Thank you for sharing.
08-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys sorry I did see the responses sooner. I am hoping to get a few more this week from outside with no window between them and me

08-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Very nice. I wish I got birds like that to visit my backyard.
08-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice bird pics pat I like 2 and the last two the best- we finally got some goldfinches too- it took about a month and a half for them to find the feeder (not too many in town I guess). Check this feeder out, my wife got it at the feed store and goldfinches are the only ones that can get to the thistle (upside down!)
Attached Images

08-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Borno Very cool. I moved my pictures so a lot red X's sorry. I am posting more today stay tuned.