Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Long Fence Outback NSW (12000 acre Paddock)
Lens: Pentax 18-55mm Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: NSW ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: ipod242, 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM

This is a nice picture i took in the outback NSW and i thought this is a little bit worth showing so i hope you like it i will be going on another trip in about 2 weeks so keep a lookout for more of my photos

Views: 1,325
06-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love an open country.
Your first image has a slanted horizon, though.
And the subject matter aside from the barbed wire fence is somehwhat bland so there's not clear interesting subject to look at in the image, but wait a few months and the crops will give you a more glorious scene to capture.
06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks mate, it really is a nice thing to take a picture of and i will have some more pics of this place in a coupple of weeks.
06-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #4

Nice to see fellow Aussies on the site, and a K-x user no less, nice shots!

06-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager

One thing I can suggest to attract interest in the viewer is, for a scene like this, to consider the barbed wire fence a secondary (complementary) subject rather than a primary one. This implores you to find an interesting subject to place within the field for the eye to hone in on and be complemented by a fine scene basking in pleasant afternoon sun or dusky sky colours.

A previous shot of mine in similar circumstances may show you visually what I'm trying to say - not to imply that this is any standard to compare to, but perhaps an example of how a clear subject can add interest to the image:

Then again, if you're going to make a fence the primary subject, it does need a dramatic backdrop to make a high impact image - another ordinary example may be this:

Hope this helps.
06-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
One thing I can suggest to attract interest in the viewer is, for a scene like this, to consider the barbed wire fence a secondary (complementary) subject rather than a primary one. This implores you to find an interesting subject to place within the field for the eye to hone in on and be complemented by a fine scene basking in pleasant afternoon sun or dusky sky colours.

A previous shot of mine in similar circumstances may show you visually what I'm trying to say - not to imply that this is any standard to compare to, but perhaps an example of how a clear subject can add interest to the image:

Then again, if you're going to make a fence the primary subject, it does need a dramatic backdrop to make a high impact image - another ordinary example may be this:

Hope this helps.
Nice! Love the second shot.