Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2006 Arizona International Auto Show
Posted By: Rak, 11-28-2006, 08:07 PM

The car show was in town, and we went on Thanksgiving Day, when it was least busy. The show was in two buildings this time, and one of them had three levels. Porsche returned after being absent last year. A Ferrari F430 Spider was on display, as well (the picture didn't turn out well at all, though. It was by far the biggest attraction and I was lucky to get my 5 seconds with it in order to take the picture).

All of these photos remain unedited, and this is my first gallery uploaded with no edits.

These photos were taken with a Canon Powershot S30.

Also, all of the cars are labeled (in the image title) on the album pages.

The link: 2006 Arizona International Auto Show -- Phoenix, Arizona, November 2006

Some samples:
Ferrari F430 Spider

BMW M6

Audi A4

Subaru WRX STi

Views: 1,918
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting sureal look to that Ferrari Spider.
Nice catchlights. Such a hard time getting a clean shot at car shows what with the crowds and all.
11-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
Rak
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I had to counteract the light coming in from the back window, and the white balance correction made the white window green, even though it got the car's color spot-on. I was very pleased with the spotlights, though.

Luckily, it wasn't too busy, but taking photos was made harder because I had to stand back about 3m to get the whole car in every picture, and then many people were in the photos. Luckily, I won't have to deal with it once I get my K110D for X-mas, and people will be getting out of the way for me .
11-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rak Quote
I had to counteract the light coming in from the back window, and the white balance correction made the white window green, even though it got the car's color spot-on. I was very pleased with the spotlights, though.

Luckily, it wasn't too busy, but taking photos was made harder because I had to stand back about 3m to get the whole car in every picture, and then many people were in the photos. Luckily, I won't have to deal with it once I get my K110D for X-mas, and people will be getting out of the way for me .
I assume you will get it with the optional bayonet mount and collared spikes on the lense?