Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Navy Fleet Review
Camera: K10D 
Posted By: sebberry, 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM

The International Navy Fleet Review is in town this weekend so I braved the crowds and snapped a few photos of some of the many ships in town.

Stuck around for a few hours to grab some fireworks photos once the sun went down. First time shooting fireworks, I think they came out well all things considered. Used the DA* 50-135 wide open for the fireworks. I had my FA50/1.4 with me but I did use the zoom a bit on some of the fireworks shots so the FA50 stayed in the bag.

Bit of noise in the images, I'd love to get my hands on a K20D for night shots.

USS Ronald Reagan joined in on the fun:

Views: 2,074
06-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I really like the third image. The composition is excellent, as is the subject matter, which you don't see daily around most places. The touch of pink on the buoy is unnecessary and draws me out of the image; I start to think about what compelled you to colour it instead of the content. The last three images are unnecessary; there's no need to share them, as we've all seen fireworks and these are more of the same. Perhaps they can go into your personal collection.
06-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, #3 is probably my favorite too.

As fopr the pink buoy, I didn't even think about it.. I simply de-saturated the image because the colours in the olour version were all wrong. I guess it left a bit of pink

The fireworks, well.. I wanted to share them because 1) I've never shot them before and 2) they were part of the celebrations.
06-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #4

#3 would be my pick too - thanks for sharing!