Lens: Tamron 17-50mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Melbourne ISO: 400 
Posted By: fractal, 06-15-2010, 07:44 AM

Some shots from today.

Views: 1,702
06-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the high contrast in these! I think the second works the best, because of that intense background effect. Thanks for sharing!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

These are some interesting compositions, but the contrast is too much for my liking, as it causes my eyes to dart around the frame looking at nonsense, instead of settling into a more natural view (although I'd exclude the fourth image from this critique, as it isn't scrambled).
06-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Love the high contrast in these! I think the second works the best, because of that intense background effect. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot Adam. The sky didn't look so special when I took the shot and was pleasantly surprised to be able to intensify it a little in PP.

QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
These are some interesting compositions, but the contrast is too much for my liking, as it causes my eyes to dart around the frame looking at nonsense, instead of settling into a more natural view (although I'd exclude the fourth image from this critique, as it isn't scrambled).
My eyes are always darting around. Welcome.

I'm actually working towards an image than can whip someone into a frenzy.

If you don't like high contrast, the chances are you won't like most of my work.

06-16-2010, 02:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whip someone into a frenzy hey?
Nice images Carl, I like the motion blur in some of these and don't mind the high contrast and strong blacks. I can see where mischivo is coming from, but it's not really a negative from my point of view.
06-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are cool, Carl - number 2 is marvelous, but all are intriguing and thought provoking.

Jer
06-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Whip someone into a frenzy hey?
Nice images Carl, I like the motion blur in some of these and don't mind the high contrast and strong blacks. I can see where mischivo is coming from, but it's not really a negative from my point of view.
Nah, I was just joking about whipping someone into a frenzy. Thanks for commenting Jason. What I was trying to get to was that if the images were not high in contrast then it would not be my work.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are cool, Carl - number 2 is marvelous, but all are intriguing and thought provoking.

Jer
Thanks a lot Jer. Much appreciated

Something i'm yet to figure out is why the images look so soft, unless you click on them...

06-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #8

The second shot does it for me - thanks for sharing.
07-29-2010, 02:17 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Cheers Matt.
07-29-2010, 05:05 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nice images fractal second and fourth are my favorites need to spend more time to do some more street myself. Halifax streets are super boring for the most part though!

As far as the soft images go... I find that happening to me as well, if the images are smaller than the "forum default" it will get sized up and look pixellated. This wasn't happening in the past. Is this on the to do list to fix, Adam?
07-30-2010, 04:24 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Nice images fractal second and fourth are my favorites need to spend more time to do some more street myself. Halifax streets are super boring for the most part though!

As far as the soft images go... I find that happening to me as well, if the images are smaller than the "forum default" it will get sized up and look pixellated. This wasn't happening in the past. Is this on the to do list to fix, Adam?
Thanks Andi. Well, truth be told, you can't really do too much with boring streets. I feel like the Melbourne streets aren't interesting enough sometimes and need to get out there and travel.

I did put up a query in the suggestion/help side of the forum in regards to soft images, but it was not really addressed.