Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Birds with the M135mm f/3.5
Lens: M135 f/3.5 Camera: K200D ISO: 100 Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: goddo31, 06-16-2010, 02:57 AM

As mentioned in another post, I gave my fairly new to me M135 f/3.5 a run today on my K200D. As seems typical for an M series lens, it suprised me with it's sharpness, bokeh and colour rendering.

I managed to sneak up to some birds...

This bird is a type of Tern, will have to look him up

A bit too close!

And the typical Silver Gull

Views: 1,845
06-16-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm loving the bokeh in these (makes me want to take my M 135 out for a spin)! The second shot is my favorite, but I can't say why, as it break one of the fundamental rules of photography. Still great, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Jason - these are terrific. I bought an M135/3.5 new in 1978 and still have it - however, you are better at using it than I ever was.

Jer
06-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

All these are wonderful 1 and 2 are my favorites...but that bokeh, Dang! can it get better than that.

06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
All these are wonderful 1 and 2 are my favorites...but that bokeh, Dang! can it get better than that.
+1
06-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm loving the bokeh in these (makes me want to take my M 135 out for a spin)! The second shot is my favorite, but I can't say why, as it break one of the fundamental rules of photography. Still great, though!
Thanks for your comments on another of my threads, Adam. I think you should give your M 135 a shot
What fundamental rule am I breaking with #2? The central composition of the bird (ie not rule of thirds)?

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Jason - these are terrific. I bought an M135/3.5 new in 1978 and still have it - however, you are better at using it than I ever was.

Jer
Thanks Jer. I think you are too humble mate, I have seen you take good shots with a great variety of lenses, I'm sure you could do the M135 justice too.

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Thanks, I was very pleasantly surprised with the bokeh too. Not necessarily what I would expect with a f/3.5 lens. These shots were all wide open from memory, and the closest I got (#3) was showing about 4m on the focus scale/

QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
+1
Thanks mate. When I use an old M series lens like this, I sometimes wonder why I need to spend $$$ on something new and AF.

cheers,
Jason
06-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
ocp

cool!
I also have one 135 f3.5 and I need practise much more.