Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Narooma, South Coast NSW
Lens: Tamron 90mm Macro / FA50 f/1.4 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Narooma, NSW 
Posted By: Mechan1k, 06-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Here's a few images from my last holiday down the South Coast of NSW in February this year. We managed to get 2 nice days out of about 10. The remainder of the time we had torrential rain (near on 600mm in 4 days) ... that's 23 inches in the old money.

Some of the older local from the town haven't seen flooding like that in over 60 years apparently.

Trying to get get decent shots was not the easiest though being in the middle of the day. I have more I have yet to convert ... and some of the flooding images.

Here they are:

Rainbow Lorikeets were that friendly and tame they'd be waiting for you to have breakfast on the balcony

The fish here were everywhere ... could have caught them by hand pretty much ... these were under the 1km long boardwalk that flanked the shoreline. The water was amazingly clear.

Quick and dirty shot that took with the 90mm ... I didn't have much room to back up to take the shot ... I really need to edit this more though. It leads up to the side road to housing from the boardwalk.

Part of the boardwalk ... unfortunately there was no real dead straight section of it for this shot to work all that well. But I gave it a go anyway.

Both my niece and son ... fast asleep and peaceful in their respective prams ... I think the uneven boardwalk sent them off to sleep while we were all out walking.

Soooo many seagulls ... these 2 shots were quick spur of the moment captures ... I saw one had landed quickly ... and shot off 2 shots prior to it taking off again.

One of many fisherman out and about ... it's not a bad spot for fishing ... you are guaranteed to catch at least something there.

When i get a chance ... I'll post up the rest of the holiday ... torrential rain and flooding and all.

Thanks for looking.
Views: 1,866
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wonderful series of your beautiful homeland.... thanks for sharing... dave m
06-21-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Really like the boardwalk shot even thou there wasn't any really straight sections.
06-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Inactive Account

nice work

06-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like a most relaxing holiday.
Thanks for sharing these.
06-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Looks like a most relaxing holiday.
Thanks for sharing these.
I wish it was ... I ended up with a fever and Bronchitis for more than half of it.
I was laid up for most of it ... luckily we were that flooded in that no one could do anything anyway. The Princes Hwy was blocked north and south of Narooma for 4 days due to flooding and landslides.

Good thing i brought the media player with me ... and good thing the cabins had 42" 100hz LCD screens in them as well.

When i get a chance tonight I'll convert the photos I took of the rain we experienced.
06-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah well its the family time thats most important TFS

cheers