Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

-27C
Posted By: Horst-Helmut, 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

This is the only ok winterphoto that I managed to capture last winter. Lost a lot of good photos being in school on mandatory classes. Where I live this kind of winter is about once in 10 years. I waited close to month to get the morning sun on the location, rest of the mornings the sky was grey.

Heres a link to 1280pix wide picture: http://horsthelmut.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Maisemaa/Juhannuskortti02_1280_169.jpg/full
Views: 2,747
06-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Absolutely: EPIC: scenery worth the long wait TFS

cheers

06-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
The 16:9 crop is excellent. You also corrected the WB did you not? Because the one posted here, the snow looks grey, but the 16:9 it is perfect white, and the so is the sky. If there's blue in the sky, try and bring the blue levels up in PP while keeping the snow white.

Print that one big, it's a keeper!
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it and need the critique!

I tried to keep the light as it was, very blue and some red sunlight in the trees &mill. When I get back home I'll try another version, I think I tried it already but it didn't look right. Sun was very low just shining above the treetops on the other side of the field. Some minutes later it would've been that much higher to get better texture on the snow but I was freezing and late for class.
06-24-2010, 05:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful !
06-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

This is a lovely photograph!