Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Katwoman
Lens: Sigma 28-80 3.5 Camera: K100D Photo Location: Perth, Western Australia 
Posted By: Warped, 06-21-2010, 05:45 PM

Yeah I know it's a slightly cheesey theme to shoot, but as soon as I saw that mask in a shot teamed with a lycra catsuit that Kat had, I "needed" to see it with some latex and try my own take on the catwoman look.

The model is Kat - http://www.modelmayhem.com/wildkatx
Kat did her own make-up.

Catsuit and boots were supplied by me from my collection, Kat bought along her corset, mask and gloves to complete the look.

This first one is my favourite from the night, if this was the only shot that turned out OK I still would be happy .... well maybe not, but you get the idea

Minimal Post-processing on those, pretty much just some dodging and burning and a crop and re-size. Difference in lighting is from changing the flash angle and power - had a cheap YN-460 sitting on a tripod and triggered remotely by a Cactus V4.

Last edited by Warped; 06-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Views: 2,476
06-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice series... FYI, your link is wrong, though (goes to a domain squatter). Correct link should be:

ModelMayhem.com - Wild Kat - Model - Perth,

(note a in mayhem, rather than meyhem)
06-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Nice series... FYI, your link is wrong, though (goes to a domain squatter). Correct link should be:

ModelMayhem.com - Wild Kat - Model - Perth,

(note a in mayhem, rather than meyhem)
Thanks for that - link fixed
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well mate, these are all good.
She's excellent in front of the camera!
The graffiti is a little distracting being so close to the subject, but otherwise a very enjoyable series.
Thanks for sharing.

06-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Well mate, these are all good.
She's excellent in front of the camera!
The graffiti is a little distracting being so close to the subject, but otherwise a very enjoyable series.
Thanks for sharing.
Toning down the graf' crossed my mind, but then thought that would be distracting as people try and work out what the graf'/art work was .... so decided to make it more of a feature when doing a bit of dodging and burning.

Also felt that the bright grafitti lends more of an over the top, surreal, almost comic book feel to the images which sit well with me for that character ....... well that's what was running through my head when putting these together
06-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Always have a soft spot for kitty and always have a bowl of milk handy Nice set TFS

cheers