Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fort Stevens w/K10D + a couple lenses
Posted By: hamidlmt, 08-12-2007, 10:49 AM

I recently went out to Fort Stevens State Park for a couple nights. It was a lovely, gray, overcast weekend here in Oregon. Still, I had fun walking around taking pictures. Here's a few...

From the SMC M 200mm f/4. I don't use this lens very often. I'm finding that at longer focal lengths, I zoom would generally be more handy for me.

At the shipwreck of the Peter Iredale...

From the FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited:

The entire wreck... or what's left...

The Battery Russel. It was in use from the Civil War until the end of WWII.

And, a few randoms from the area...

Playing with motion blur on a quickly darkening trail

Chaya, after many miles of walking, laying in our class b camper van

Last edited by hamidlmt; 08-13-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Views: 1,783
08-13-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots! I especially like the simplicity of the 1st shot and the battery shot and the poor dog looks 'pooched'.

I trust you had a great vacation in spite of the not so nice weather. (I'd gladly share some of our sun and heat!)
08-13-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm with J here. If you want some sun and heat take a ride over here to Idaho, we haven't seen any rain in what seems like forever. Campers can't have camp fires, you can't smoke in the woods, some rivers are shut down down to fishing in the afternoons, fires all over.....................
Beautiful dog you have:-). Nice pics.
08-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sounds like it's hot, everywhere except for Oregon. It's been an unusually gray summer, though it's beautiful today. In fact, all the fire danger warnings said the chance of forest fires were in the green (low). On the Fort Stevens trip, it managed not to rain the whole time I was there... maybe felt 3 drops. On the way back, it did sprinkle over the mountains.

Chaya really was "pooched." LOL! Love that term! We had walked about 8 miles that day.

08-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like you had a good weekend and some good shots as well. I was up at Fort Stevens camping with my boys (age 8 and 10) in May and had a great time. I was still shooting film back then. Not so long ago..... Anyway, there is a lot to do there and miles of trails to hike or bike. It always amazes me how much the Peter Iredale changes from year to year. A few years back you could only see a few feet of the top of the wreck. Now there is a lot of it exposed.
08-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice photos, thanks for the tour but the dog looks knackered.

Take care, Heinrich
08-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Cool shots indeed - the beach and shipwreck shots are sweet. I love the dog tired shots as well. Sorry to hear about the weather - even up here we had the hottest July on record - now August is starting to show signs of the impending fall and winter .....