Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Finally . . . . . Photos of MY Boat Underway!
Posted By: Sailor, 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM

For years, I've captured (and occasionally posted) photos of friends' boats under sail; finally, someone has repaid the favor with some shots of Cut Time on Sunday. Here, in a fit of self indulgence (and a skipper's pride), I'm posting a few examples. I did some post processing, but I struggle enough with doing my own stuff, let alone someone else's, so what you see is what you get.

Jer

Powering out of the Kemah Channel; note the stalwart stance of the skipper with the white T-shirt (handsome fellow); yeah, I know it's fuzzy:

About 12 kts of wind:

My wife at the helm . . . . . . . while I drink a beer; if you peer closely, you'll see a Pentax strap around my shadowy neck:

Views: 4,920
07-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sweet lookin' boat Jer!

07-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah to escape the high seas its fabulous TFS Jer

cheers
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Looks like you have a Great captain there Jer. !!!! JIM
Yup . . . but I get yelled at alot .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Sweet lookin' boat Jer!
Thanks, Mike. It's been good to us, and offers great synergies with my photography habit, as well.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Ah to escape the high seas its fabulous TFS Jer

cheers
Come on up and I'll take you sailing, my friend.

Jer
07-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice looking boat there, Jer. Even a catamaran guy can recognise that. But, I must ask, what's happening to the lee main tell-tales?

Richard.

07-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Nice looking boat there, Jer. Even a catamaran guy can recognise that. But, I must ask, what's happening to the lee main tell-tales?

Richard.
Hey Man! It's great hearing from you! And thanks for the kind words - I'm proud of old Cut Time. I'm not sure what tell-tales you're asking about, but if you're talking about the three lines hanging straight down on the leeward side of the sail - those are reefing gaskets, not tell-tales.

BTW, if you get a chance, you might want to glance at another post of mine which includes a couple of shots of some higher end racing sails (link is below). Dantuyhoa replied with a question about their composition. I gave an explination, but I'm betting you know more about racing sails than I - so you may want to chime in.

Jer

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/106128-people-hot-fun-summertime.html
07-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Man! It's great hearing from you! And thanks for the kind words - I'm proud of old Cut Time. I'm not sure what tell-tales you're asking about, but if you're talking about the three lines hanging straight down on the leeward side of the sail - those are reefing gaskets, not tell-tales.

BTW, if you get a chance, you might want to glance at another post of mine which includes a couple of shots of some higher end racing sails (link is below). Dantuyhoa replied with a question about their composition. I gave an explination, but I'm betting you know more about racing sails than I - so you may want to chime in.

Jer

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/106128-people-hot-fun-summertime.html
Reefing ties. Ah! Not something I normally think about They looked like tell-tales to me and I was wondering why they were pointing down instead of streaming.

I've seen the other thread and was thinking of an ocean racing guy referring to losing a rig when a mast broke as like driving a couple of Rolls Royces off the dock. Ouch! I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to racing sails on boats of that size and a bit out of date in the A Class. I'll wander over to the other thread and leave a comment.

Richard.
07-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice boat Jer. looks like you are putting her to god work. miss talking with all of you.

JOHN.

07-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Reefing ties. Ah! Not something I normally think about They looked like tell-tales to me and I was wondering why they were pointing down instead of streaming.

I've seen the other thread and was thinking of an ocean racing guy referring to losing a rig when a mast broke as like driving a couple of Rolls Royces off the dock. Ouch! I'm woefully ignorant when it comes to racing sails on boats of that size and a bit out of date in the A Class. I'll wander over to the other thread and leave a comment.

Richard.
I'm sure buying the laminate-composite sails ain't for the faint of hearted. Too rich for my blood; that's for sure.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
Nice boat Jer. looks like you are putting her to god work. miss talking with all of you.

JOHN.
Hey thanks John. It is a bit embarrasing that this thread has generated more responses than I usually get - and I didn't even take the pictures .

Jer
07-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Looks like you're living the dream Jer.

This is a great sight for those of us who are landlocked in Waterloo.

Cheers,

Tom G
07-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Beautiful boat and beautiful photos Jer
07-04-2010, 07:04 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Looks like you're living the dream Jer.

This is a great sight for those of us who are landlocked in Waterloo.

Cheers,

Tom G
Thanks Tom - Cut Time has given us a great deal of pleasure (and some pain ), and we'll be heading her way this afternoon.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by PentX Girl Quote
Beautiful boat and beautiful photos Jer
Thanks, Jan. Our dockmate Dan shot these from his boat with some kind of P&S and I'd say he did a good job, all in all.

Jer