Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Finally . . . . . Photos of MY Boat Underway!
Camera: No Clue Photo Location: Galveston Bay 
Posted By: Sailor, 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM

For years, I've captured (and occasionally posted) photos of friends' boats under sail; finally, someone has repaid the favor with some shots of Cut Time on Sunday. Here, in a fit of self indulgence (and a skipper's pride), I'm posting a few examples. I did some post processing, but I struggle enough with doing my own stuff, let alone someone else's, so what you see is what you get.

Jer

Powering out of the Kemah Channel; note the stalwart stance of the skipper with the white T-shirt (handsome fellow); yeah, I know it's fuzzy:

About 12 kts of wind:

My wife at the helm . . . . . . . while I drink a beer; if you peer closely, you'll see a Pentax strap around my shadowy neck:

Views: 4,610
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice looking sailboat there Jer. Wife looks like she belongs behind that wheel, too.
06-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Look good, If you need and extra deck hand Im basiclly live in la port now.
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice Jer.
With all these 15 / 16 year old girls sailing around the world nowadays.....I'm expecting to see you & Mrs Sailor popping over for lunch one day soon. ... a quick trip across the puddle should be a breeze for two 'ol salts like you guys.

06-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Very nice Jer.
With all these 15 / 16 year old girls sailing around the world nowadays.....I'm expecting to see you & Mrs Sailor popping over for lunch one day soon. ... a quick trip across the puddle should be a breeze for two 'ol salts like you guys.
Just a quick trip across the pacific!
Nice to see your boat Jer, it's a good looking craft. It doesn't take much to imagine it moving around under sail
06-29-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Lovely looking boat - I don't think you're getting that wheel back so you better get used to it !
06-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice looking craft Jer.It would certainly dress up the Saugus River quite a bit.--charliezap
06-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Nice looking sailboat there Jer. Wife looks like she belongs behind that wheel, too.
Thanks much, Mar - and, yeah, Connie is a natural at the helm.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Kingaircj Quote
Look good, If you need and extra deck hand Im basiclly live in la port now.
Thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Very nice Jer.
You know, Grant, you're right - I could just head south, dodge Alex, slip through the canal and be there in a jiff. Seriously, these kids that doing ocean passages are amazing - they got guts if not judgement.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Just a quick trip across the pacific!
Nice to see your boat Jer, it's a good looking craft. It doesn't take much to imagine it moving around under sail
Hey, Jason, for the nice words.

Jer

06-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Lovely looking boat - I don't think you're getting that wheel back so you better get used to it !
Thanks and you're right - sometimes it's hard to get back at the helm.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice looking craft Jer.It would certainly dress up the Saugus River quite a bit.--charliezap
I'm still looking forward to tying her up to our new luxury pier - just think of the dough were gonna make, Capn.

Jer
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

love the third shot jer...it's great when someone else takes the helm freeing you up for a cold one!! enjoy !! dave m
06-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
love the third shot jer...it's great when someone else takes the helm freeing you up for a cold one!! enjoy !! dave m
Yeah, it's nice to see photos of our boat for a change, and you're right - a cold one in the cockpit while "just taking it all in" is hard to beat.

Jer
06-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
graphicgr8s

Finally we get to see some decent pictures out of that camera of yours. All it took was someone else shooting!!!!!.

Just kidding. Nice bote. Nice shots.

Now if we cut the masts off, reconfigure the shape of the hull and add two 1000 hp motors you'd have a real nice boat.

(Enjoy it before all that oil comes your way buddy.
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Pentaxian

That's a beauty. I see she's got rigging for cruising and all trimmed on a close reach. A radar reflector on the backstay is a handy safety feature.
07-01-2010, 06:32 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Finally we get to see some decent pictures out of that camera of yours. All it took was someone else shooting!!!!!.

Just kidding. Nice bote. Nice shots.

Now if we cut the masts off, reconfigure the shape of the hull and add two 1000 hp motors you'd have a real nice boat.

(Enjoy it before all that oil comes your way buddy.
Hey, thanks much man. But I'll need all that oil if I drop those two big mills into Cut Time .

Seriously, no one around here seems particularly worried about the oil making it this far west, but I'm not so sure - I'm a believer in Murhpy's Law. I can't remember whether you're located near the coast in Florida; if so, I hope the stuff stays away from your door, as well.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
That's a beauty. I see she's got rigging for cruising and all trimmed on a close reach. A radar reflector on the backstay is a handy safety feature.
Thanks very much for the kind words - I'm proud of Cut Time. She's been a good boat for us since we bought her eight years ago, and well suited to the kind of thing we do nowdays - big enough to spend 2 or 3 nights aboard in comfort, but small enough to make daysailing convenient. We do, BTW, have a reflector stowed somewhere below, but I never use it - we've become fair weather sailors.

Jer
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Looks like you have a Great captain there Jer. !!!! JIM