Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Very Alarming
Lens: SMC DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED(IF) Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Edmonton, Alberta ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: iocchelli, 06-30-2010, 10:08 PM

I took this during my lunch break yesterday in hard mid-day sunlight. The colors and textures appealed to me. This was grabbed quite quickly as I was standing in a busy alley with cars driving by. Click on the image for larger sizes.

Last edited by iocchelli; 06-30-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Views: 1,745
06-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the sharp edges and contrasting colors. Very well done!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It works pretty well with the harsh light - I don't think you'd get the contrast between the wall and alarm textures so well in softer light. The colours are great - did you bump the saturation at all?
07-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great color contrast between the blue wall and the rusty alarm. Well composed - nice piece of work, for sure.

Jer

07-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments everyone.

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
It works pretty well with the harsh light - I don't think you'd get the contrast between the wall and alarm textures so well in softer light. The colours are great - did you bump the saturation at all?
I did bump up the contrast and saturation. This was my first test using aperture to work with RAW files (I've historically only used jpgs but discussions here convinced me to begin working in RAW). I am using the trial version of Aperture and I must say I love it already!
07-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice picture. I need to start using RAW more.
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iocchelli Quote

This was my first test using aperture to work with RAW files (I've historically only used jpgs but discussions here convinced me to begin working in RAW). I am using the trial version of Aperture and I must say I love it already!
Nice shot, and good to shoot RAW.
07-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I did bump up the contrast and saturation. This was my first test using aperture to work with RAW files (I've historically only used jpgs but discussions here convinced me to begin working in RAW). I am using the trial version of Aperture and I must say I love it already!
Interesting shot !

I've been using A3 for a few months now, after having trialed LR3 and Bibble Pro 5. All three programs are great but Aperture 3 works best for me and I'm more than happy with it. TBH I can achieve all I need with just A3 (with all the Nik plugins) and Zerene Stacker.

07-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Isn't RAW great? I wasn't convinced until I tried it in some challenging lighting and got much better results than I would have with jpeg. Good thing memory is getting cheaper...
07-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Isn't RAW great? I wasn't convinced until I tried it in some challenging lighting and got much better results than I would have with jpeg. Good thing memory is getting cheaper...
I agree! RAW is amazing. Such better control over the image! It's really adding a whole new dimension to my photography already. I processing some images in Aperture last night and was simply amazed at the flexibility and power in the format!