Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Raining Stars
Posted By: SMPhoto, 07-01-2010, 05:21 PM

It was around midnight when I decided I just couldn't get to sleep. I was feeling the 'creative fire' burning, and my little K2000 was calling me. So I got dressed, grabbed my camera bag, and took it for a little midnight stroll. Down maybe a block from my house is Castle Rock, and as always for Sedona, the sky was nothing but stars. So I did something I'd been wanting to do for a while and set up my tripod, putting a new set of AA's in my camera, taking out my newly-marketplace-bought Remote Control F, and setting to work.

30 minutes later (it was cold and my thumb was sore as hell from holding it down on the remote) I wrapped up, and as I had hoped, came out with one exposure I was truly happy with. Albeit a 230s, or about 3 minute, exposure.
Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by SMPhoto; 07-26-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Views: 4,026
07-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thumbs up for this one.

07-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cregar Quote
Great photo!!

I need to take a trip back up to Sedona. Hopefully it's a little cooler there :-)
Thanks Cregar! It's been really cool up here since the monsoons started back up, it was only about 87 today!

QuoteOriginally posted by ManhattanProject Quote
I don't know about all the pentax line, but the K-7 allows you to set it to open shutter on first click, and close on the second... thus removing the need to hold the button down. You all are probably going to give a me a 'Thanks Dr. Watson' look.

Very nice shot, though. Love the clear skies in the west.
Thanks very much! Yup, K-x and K-7 have that (very useful) feature, but the K2000 was left out. Why they couldn't have just made a propitiatory corded shutter release for the K2000 and K-x is beyond me.

QuoteOriginally posted by tigershiok Quote
very nice, great effort!
got to get my remote.
Thanks a lot!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thumbs up for this one.
Many thanks.
07-27-2010, 12:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Great shot. Just got my remote can't wait to try it. Hope i can get something close to your shot. Really like it.

wingman
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wingman Quote
Great shot. Just got my remote can't wait to try it. Hope i can get something close to your shot. Really like it.

wingman
Thanks Wingman! Glad you're inspired to try some trail shooting yourself.