Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My beginnings to my current published works...
Posted By: codiac2600, 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Not sure how many people here still remember me as it's been pretty much forever and a day, but I had to stop by and thank everyone and let them know what I've been up to.

I started out shooting Pentax digital and was a member of this forum ages ago and even had a stint as a moderator removing and creating colorful arguments

This forum and all the amazing photographers on it was my inspiration to stop taking snapshots and to begin creating art and capturing more than just imagery that inspired me but also others. Today I currently run a successful studio shooting everything from weddings to professional model books and more recently fashion and editorial work.

I learned everything I know from the people here that critiqued my first images through my first year and a half as a photographer and I can't thank them all enough for their diligence and eye for detail, plus all the kind words I received from time to time.

I still own a Pentax camera or two and use them to this day even though most of my work is done on other systems I know the value and amazing image quality that is produced by the camera system we love.

Thank you everyone and hopefully when life frees up I'll be able to contribute more to this forum again as I know some people must miss my crazy antics and charm

As a special surprise I'm going to present some recent works that were published as well as my very first fashion editorial. I've always loved photographing models and held onto the shoelaces of another pentaxian, Ben Kanarek, and told myself one day I would have my own fashion editorial. This week the recent issue of Northwest Quarterly contain 4 images shot and processed by myself with the help of Frank Szarban, a partner in our booming studio.

The first three images below are ones printed full page in the magazine the others are works used for advertising for the company via their website and other marketing avenues.

Thank you all so much for everything and especially those that helped me so much along the way!

Views: 1,648
07-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear from you, Chris! Thanks for checking in, and it looks like you've got some quite impressive work out there

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations Chris on achieving your aspirations ! Some really tasty shots there. The last two remind me of a 'paparazzi' shoot my daughter did in HK whilst we were all visiting (she is based in London).
07-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Glad to hear from you, Chris! Thanks for checking in, and it looks like you've got some quite impressive work out there
Hey Adam! Eh, it's getting there. Thanks for the words and it's good to hear from you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Congratulations Chris on achieving your aspirations ! Some really tasty shots there. The last two remind me of a 'paparazzi' shoot my daughter did in HK whilst we were all visiting (she is based in London).
Thank you! Does your daughter have a web gallery or photo site? I'd love to see!