Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"I see the wind, oh I see the trees" John Lennon
Lens: DA 18-55 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Jyväskylä, Finland ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Eetu, 07-02-2010, 10:20 AM

I took these photos, using some automatic settings, whilst learning how to use my new K7. Walking around the shore of Lake Palokka, the sun was setting, suddenly the trees were glowing with greens and yellows... it was too beautiful of sight... These two shots don't do justice to what I saw... Again, these were taken after I recently bought my DSLR... I wish these could have been clearer, or that I would have used manual settings. Anyway, hope they suffice.

Views: 1,895
07-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hmm, looks like the same shot - did you mean to post two versions? And why? Yes, the view is lovely and the weather even better.
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kameraten Quote
Hmm, looks like the same shot - did you mean to post two versions? And why? Yes, the view is lovely and the weather even better.
Hiya! These are two different photos, but one after the other... the one on the right is slightly darker, brighter yellow... at least on my screen. Was sure which photo people would like more. Thanks and all the best.
07-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #4

It can sure drive ya nuts try'n to capture what you are seeing !!!
The wifey and I go hiking and try to get it, but it is hard to get it just as you are seeing it.
Every now and then ya get one thats exactly what ya saw and it makes it all worth it.
Nice pictures and I am sure a fond memory for you.
Keep clicking away!!!!

07-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uncle_dad Quote
It can sure drive ya nuts try'n to capture what you are seeing !!!
The wifey and I go hiking and try to get it, but it is hard to get it just as you are seeing it.
Every now and then ya get one thats exactly what ya saw and it makes it all worth it.
Nice pictures and I am sure a fond memory for you.
Keep clicking away!!!!
Cheers for that, very kind words, indeed!

All the best.

Ned (Eetu)
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #6

Hey Ned,
I downloaded DxO 1 month free trial and it has the mod for your K-7 and 18-55 and you will be amazed at what it can do for your pictures. Well I was anyways. I only wish they would do more Pentax lens. Just something you might want to try.

Gary
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uncle_dad Quote
Hey Ned,
I downloaded DxO 1 month free trial and it has the mod for your K-7 and 18-55 and you will be amazed at what it can do for your pictures. Well I was anyways. I only wish they would do more Pentax lens. Just something you might want to try.

Gary
Gary, this is very interesting... never heard of it before. I thought my lens is f.4.0 18-55, the DxO list a F 3.5, is this for the kit lens which end with WR, or what?

Many thanks for this info!!!

Ned