Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lost Gems
Camera: K100D Super Photo Location: Limerick, Ireland 
Posted By: rparmar, 07-04-2010, 04:21 PM

I've spent the day tidying my photo partition, a tedious process which has nonetheless yielded some buried treasure. This is a collection of photos shot two years ago on my K100D Super which I have only now developed. As such they are all over the place stylistically, but I thought I'd group them all together.

More to come.

the price of knowledge

(Shot with the DA 55-300mm.)

Concrete Abstract 5423

(Shot with the DA 16-45mm.)

Concrete Abstract 5422

(Shot with the DA 16-45mm.)

big dog little dog

(Shot with the DA 35mm.)

STOP

(Shot with the FA 77mm Limited.)
Views: 1,683
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I LOVE the dogs. Simple yet emotive. Especially the eyes.
07-06-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dog's shot moved me too! I also like the concrete abstracts a lot!
07-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I promised some more so here they are, another miscellaneous selection. What strikes me on discovering these shots is the variety of lenses they were made with. No one lens seems to jump out and say "I am the best". It's good to remember, after all the obsession over sharpness and perfection, that it is the subject and the opportunity that is most important.

Schweppes as a kitten

First, a darned cute kitten, which I found at the local animal sanctuary. A month later we adopted two animals. Only yesterday did I discover that I had a photo hidden away all this time of one of our house companions! What a coincidence!

Not only that but the black cat behind her looks a lot like our other cat, Juno, but would not have been.

church tiling

I curate a series of electroacoustic music concerts. We used this decommissioned church as a venue and I was struck by the old flooring.

(Shot with the SMC K 50mm f/1.2.)

JECK

I love walls and was amazed to find I had overlooked two of my best shots.

M JUNIO

(Shot with the DA 35mm.)

time machine

A strange device in an abandoned physics lab... I think. I really cannot remember where I found this. The photo looked horrible until I tweaked it. Now it just looks like junk... which is fitting!

(Shot with the Vivitar 24mm f/2 [Komine made].)

room available

Another photo that took a lot of work to reveal the depth and detail of texture through the window. Now I'm loving it.

(Shot with the Sigma 70-300mm.)