Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wongs
Lens: DA 18-55mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: MiguelATF, 07-11-2010, 05:22 PM

Among the first set of photos taken by me with my NEW (to me!) K200d.

It's proving to be a fine photographic tool and a pleasure to compose and shoot with.

This picture was taken in the deserted downtown of an old Oregon timber town, Klamath Falls, that has fallen upon hard times due to the demise of the timber industry. Strolling around its (surprisingly quiet for a Saturday morning) streets....feels like a trip back into a simpler past.

The combination of shadows and colors is un-cropped and almost completely unprocessed, except for a slight enhancement of shadow detail.

Next time I'm going back to sample their Chinese-American cuisine!

Miguel

Attached Images

Last edited by MiguelATF; 07-11-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Uploaded wrong file; replaced with more accurate photo
Views: 1,324
07-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hey Miguel, great that you're enjoying your new toy and decided to join the PF community!

The focus seems a little soft to me, but I'm not sure how much of that might be photo compression related because I can see some artifacting due to compression.

Keep up the work and read around, you'll get a lot out of your k200d.

Peace,
MP
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hmmm is it just me or is no picture showing up?