Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More Sonoma Vintage Races
Posted By: ccallana, 08-15-2007, 10:53 PM

After the "Cars" challenge thread this week, I was asked to post more from the Vintage races back in June - here was my original thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/8101-sonoma-vintage-car-races.html

Here are a few more

The "Led Zep" car - originally sponsored by John Bonham

The Sting Ray

The 3 wheeled race car

For you Mopar fans

You can find more, including a 180 degree pano from the S curve grandstands here ccallana/Sonoma Vintage Races - 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Views: 1,073
08-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Awesome pictures man, gotta love the oldschool Mopar! That pano looks fantastic and it looks like you had some pretty nice seats in the place (most race tracks here you end up with two layers of fencing barring your view or grandstands so far away that a 600mm zoom is needed). Nice shots!

-s
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #3

Good to see someone putting that Challenger through it's paces. That "Led Zep" car is really cool as well.
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #4

One of the support races at last months Edmonton Grand Prix was a Vintage/GT race. A husband and wife were both racing 340 Challengers:

My favorite part of these two cars is that the are both registered, street driven vehicles! Her car had the personalized plate "SUBLIME".
I wonder if there is some significance to the number 77 being on both green Challengers?

Chris

08-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
If I am not mistaken the 77 represents the #77 flagship Challenger that Dodge used to compete in the old Trans Am Series events. There's some funny stories about the Trans Am Series car and how they came up with their own weight reduction technique by dipping the body in an acid wash