Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shy Lady
Lens: FA 28-70 f4.0 AL Camera: K-x ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Pablom, 07-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Hello guys,
This is a 100% crop of a larger photograph of which I thought distracted the main subject.

Please flame on.
Loneshooter

Views: 1,675
07-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
very good close-up, in-your-face kind of potrait. perhaps a bit of muted face tone will be nicer.
07-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

For a 100% crop, this looks super sharp. So either nice PP, or that lens is damn sharp.

I think the lighting looks nice on her face although there are a few hot spots. It is framed a bit too tightly for me, personally. The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of catch light in her eyes, which kind of bothered me a bit.

Overall not a bad capture, but depending on what you're going for you can make some great improvements in PP.
07-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wshi Quote
For a 100% crop, this looks super sharp. So either nice PP, or that lens is damn sharp.

I think the lighting looks nice on her face although there are a few hot spots. It is framed a bit too tightly for me, personally. The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of catch light in her eyes, which kind of bothered me a bit.

Overall not a bad capture, but depending on what you're going for you can make some great improvements in PP.
I did some PP but only minor sharpening. I really like how this lens performs, though it should be noted that this shot was taken in broad daylight.

the tone now looks too warm to me, I think I'll try to re frame it and maybe b&w.

thanks for your comments

07-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
how's this:

not 100% anymore
I'm not an expert on B&W so any cc would be appreciated

thoughts?

Last edited by Pablom; 07-23-2010 at 10:14 AM.
07-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
no comments on the B&W?

I know it doesn't look right, give me a hand here
07-24-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pablom, if you're after C&C, then consider posting in the Photo Critique section next time.
As for this photo, I'm not a fan.
It's sharp and reasonably well exposed (perhaps a little overexposed in the original), but it doesn't portray the woman's beauty or much of a story all that well.

The pose is awkward, producing not the most flattering of skin folding in her neck, and the downward gaze is disconcerting for the viewer. #2 is an improvement on the composition, but not in the overall result.
07-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Pablom, if you're after C&C, then consider posting in the Photo Critique section next time.
As for this photo, I'm not a fan.
It's sharp and reasonably well exposed (perhaps a little overexposed in the original), but it doesn't portray the woman's beauty or much of a story all that well.

The pose is awkward, producing not the most flattering of skin folding in her neck, and the downward gaze is disconcerting for the viewer. #2 is an improvement on the composition, but not in the overall result.
Thanks Ash, you're probably right about posting in the wrong section, I really just wanted some critique.

I appreciate your comments