Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
almost macro
Lens: SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 Camera: k200d 
Posted By: iakamanji, 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Hi,
I am new to the forum and very new to photography. Just bought a k200d about a week ago (with a couple of lenses) and now it's time to learn.

here are my first few photos - attempt at macro photography without a real macro lens. let me know what you think.

Attached Images

Views: 1,305
07-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What always helps us advise is data on the shots. Shutter speed, aperture etc. Lens used and so on.

Looking at the top 2 I'd say there's a bit of softness and that could be too slow a shutter speed, not well focued or a couple other things.

The bottom 2 look much sharper in the center and all I'd suggest is they lack contrast. There are several software programs free on the internet that can help add more POP to an image, Go to my signature line and see the freeware links there. Look for Paint.net. Add some cyrves to the images and you'll see the difference.

Overall, nice start and welcome to the forums.
07-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I have played around with the images on "PicPick" and got some pleasant results. Now i'll try some other image editors (fastone, paint.net, etc) and see if I can get better results.

Also, I have read somewhere (don't remember where) that continuous AF could cause softness and the lens seemed like it was trying to change focus constantly (windy day, flowers moving, etc). Maybe