Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Zap's day at Boston's Fenway Park
Lens: Pentax 18-250 Photo Location: Fenway Park- Boston Ma 
Posted By: charliezap, 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM

Last Sunday my 3 sons and I(I'm the old geezer in the back with the black t-shirt) went to see the Red Sox Play at Fenway Park.The game was dull and the Sox lost but it was enjoyable just the same.We sat in the Budweiser section high in right field at a table for four that had food and drink service through most of the game.My son Jon got a ball that the players tossed into the stands before the game.We were over 300ft from home plate but nontheless we had a great view of "quaint little Fenway Park" --Charliezap

Last edited by charliezap; 01-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Views: 1,799
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great lookin' lads there charlie.... really enjoy the flavah of fenway in your shots..the slide into home came out great... thanks for this posting....dave m
07-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
great lookin' lads there charlie.... really enjoy the flavah of fenway in your shots..the slide into home came out great... thanks for this posting....dave m
THANKS DAVE--- The slide into home was taken with the PENTAX 18-250.My cheapie quantaray 70-300 does a bit better at the long end as this pic shows but the pentax is a great" walk around lens"I'm still itchen to get the sigma 50-500 the new version but nothing is available yet from the company.BTW--I don't know if you remember "The Ship" restaurant on Rte 1 southbound at the Saugus-Lynnfield line but they have on certain nights 2 lobsters for $12.99 and if you want them baked stuffed instead of boiled it's only $3 dollars more a lobster and you can mix and match.It's not called the ship anymore.It's "Mt Vernon". Check out their website for future reference.I had the twin baked stuffed and couldn't eat them all.--Charliezap
Attached Images

07-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I never spent a moment in Fenway that I didn't enjoy (of course, that was back in the early '70's); of course, I was smart enough to only go to games the Sox would win . What a rush - I love that place, even though I haven't been inside since '75.

Jer

07-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I never spent a moment in Fenway that I didn't enjoy (of course, that was back in the early '70's); of course, I was smart enough to only go to games the Sox would win . What a rush - I love that place, even though I haven't been inside since '75.

Jer
Hi Jer---The Red Sox organization spent a lot of bucks to fix the old ballpark up.I get to go there maybe twice a year and it's always a good time win or lose.--Charliezap
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
THANKS DAVE--- The slide into home was taken with the PENTAX 18-250.My cheapie quantaray 70-300 does a bit better at the long end as this pic shows but the pentax is a great" walk around lens"I'm still itchen to get the sigma 50-500 the new version but nothing is available yet from the company.BTW--I don't know if you remember "The Ship" restaurant on Rte 1 southbound at the Saugus-Lynnfield line but they have on certain nights 2 lobsters for $12.99 and if you want them baked stuffed instead of boiled it's only $3 dollars more a lobster and you can mix and match.It's not called the ship anymore.It's "Mt Vernon". Check out their website for future reference.I had the twin baked stuffed and couldn't eat them all.--Charliezap
gotta tell the wife 'bout the lobsta' specials... it'd be worth the ride dave m