Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pier at Åsbyviken, Örebro, Närke, Sweden.
Lens: NA Camera: Olympus C-765 UZ Photo Location: Åsbyviken, Närke, Sweden. ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: aliquis, 07-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Cropped, published on Facebook:

Around 21:20, 22th July 2010.

Was there cuting some grass, will have a party there on Saturday but not many seem to show up. Hopefully the weather will be just as good, and that the combination of water + alcohol works decent. Guess it would be best to take a swim first but I doubt it will stop at that.

Last edited by aliquis; 07-22-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Views: 1,652
07-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Facebook really seems to butcher image quality, so I'd recommend against linking photos from there. Not a bad shot, IMO! You've got some great lighting going, and a good start on the composition. However, I'd crop it just a little bit on the right side so that the stray leave's aren't visible. I think it would also look better without the second box on the pier (the one on the left).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
I doubt the quality would be much higher otherwise. Resolution gets low though. Not made for posting here either .

The lighting just happened to be nice, though the stone on another shoot was "goldish" early but two minutes later or so the light had passed so much it was much more shady.

Yeah, maybe true. It's already heavily cropped. The camera does comparative of 38-380 mm but got a small 1/2.7-sensor at 4 mpx and iso 400 is really noisy. So I don't want to "zoom" that much.

Usually I don't crop (And am no photographer ), but in these cases I think it improved the images a lot, and it helps to get the zoom factor without the issues, especially since the images would had to be scaled down anyway. So I can really see how you would prefer to have more pixels in some cases.

I've already cropped lots of foliage to the right and the waterflowerthingys on the surface and grass where I was standing. Left the foliage because if I removed it all I would also remove more of the pier and the area with the bath stairs. And since it's one of the most important features of the object .. , though maybe not from an artistic perspective, but a functional one

Regarding the boxes you may be correct, especially if the idea is to show of the pier as an object and not the whole scenery/lake as a landscape.