Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Sauna was struck by a bomb...
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K200D Photo Location: Mikkeli, Finland ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Horst-Helmut, 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM

Which destroyed the building completely."

These words are written in a paper (bottom of the pile, top center in the picture) I found when working. We were removing old insulation from a house that needed repairing and I spotted these papers between the sawdust.

These papers are from 1940 after winter war (Winter War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), they include reports and forms of war related damages caused by bombing of Mikkeli in -39-40, old tax return and insuration forms and calculations of the damages.

Just a snapshot of quickly arranged papers on the floor, nothing spectacular photography-wise. Don't have much time to take pictures when working. An interesting piece of war history saved from going to garbage.

One of the repairers was a Pentax shooter also, changed numbers and we're going to borrow lenses next week.

Just a story I wanted to share.

Edited in Lightroom3
Link to 1600px wide picture http://horsthelmut.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Forgotten%20%20found/Aarre-2.jpg/full
Views: 1,694
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definitely something of historical value! Thanks for the interesting read

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great story!