Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunrise at Torres del Paine
Lens: DA 15 Ltd Camera: K7 Photo Location: Torres del Paine, Patagonia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: gfonso, 07-25-2010, 03:12 PM

Another one from my Torres del Paine trek. This was the earliest sunrise of the year in the Southern Hemisphere (yes, I'm that smart ), and the temperature was below freezing. The wind was so fierce it was impossible to set up my tripod, so the shot was taken handheld even with the dim light (hence the softness).

All in all, one of the toughest moments in my mountaineering life, and I've had my share of rough conditions!

Views: 1,918
07-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing shot- looks like true 3D!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Stunning shot! God I'd love to do a trip to South America...
07-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Amazing shot- looks like true 3D!
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Stunning shot! God I'd love to do a trip to South America...
Thank you very much! These comments are very encouraging for a beginner like me.

07-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Amazing place, but at sunrise you have a few minutes that the sun gradually shines over the torres. THAT is impressive
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Amazing place, but at sunrise you have a few minutes that the sun gradually shines over the torres. THAT is impressive
This one was taken a few minutes before that. The moment the rays of the Sun actually touched the spires the light was a bit underwhelming. I got some ok pictures but I like this one better.

A couple of weeks before I had been in the Cerro Torre / Fitz Roy area, and there I did experience some really magical sunrises, I'll try to post some of those images as well...

Cheers
07-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gfonso Quote
This one was taken a few minutes before that. The moment the rays of the Sun actually touched the spires the light was a bit underwhelming. I got some ok pictures but I like this one better.

A couple of weeks before I had been in the Cerro Torre / Fitz Roy area, and there I did experience some really magical sunrises, I'll try to post some of those images as well...

Cheers
I'll be looking forward. My Nikon LSR was stolen shortly after my visit () so my memory is the only piece of evidence I have of it, until I turn senile and that'll be gone too.