Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Acadia Nat'l Park Pano
Lens: 18-55 Camera: K10d Photo Location: Acadia ISO: 100 
Posted By: Scottnorwo, 07-28-2010, 07:21 PM

A pano from Acadia national Park.

and my almost got it pano

Both are hand held, not quite prepared on this hike.
Views: 1,885
07-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ahhh...brings back memories of a very quick dip in 56 deg water in July while camping near the beach shown. I like that first pano a lot. The second reminds of the Rachel Carson Salt Pond at high tide....is that it? It looks like that 2nd shot had a few technical issues besides needing leveling. Maybe a polarizer was used when taking the pano shots? Thats a tough way to do it. Anyway, nice reminders. Thanks for posting.
07-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I grew up on an Island , Isle au Haut that is half Acadia Nat. Park. I worked as a ranger for a few years. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. If you ever get a chance and are into camping/backpacking and want some killer photo's "try" and get a reservation at the campsite on Isle au Haut. Only 5 sites and they are usually reserved within a day at opening of season but it is one of the most secluded and quiet pieces of national park in the country. Only access is via ferry boat. Visitors are limited by the ferry so only @ 75 people a day make it out and disperse so you will never see a crowd, maybe no-one all day.

Lee
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beautiful scenic vistas scott.... another travel destination in my future... dave m