Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
West Aussie Pentaxians Night Meetup
Lens: DA15 Limited Camera: K200D Photo Location: Perth city, AU ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: >6s 
Posted By: goddo31, 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM

Last week I met up with some of the WA/Perth PF members, taking some photos at night in the city. Here are a couple from the night.

City of Perth council building - DA 15 Limited


Perth Supreme Court facade - DA 15 Limited (cropped)


Building reflection - Pentax-M 200mm f/4


Red light speed camera - these are new here and this one was going off almost every few minutes - DA 15 Limited

Views: 2,541
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 49,942
Fantastic series! All of these are really well-exposed and sharp!

Those cameras are the same ones they use in Arizona-. Don't we all hate them?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Original Poster
Thanks Adam. Sharpness isn't a problem with the DA 15 limited
That camera really was making a killing, each flash being worth $150 IIRC (from the fine).
07-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,379
These are incredible night shots, Jason. Maybe I should spend the dough and fly down there so you can show me how to do this right!

Jer

07-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Mechan1k's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,891
At least the new "safety" camera over there are brightly coloured .... not like here where they are just gal and mix in with all the other poles around them.

Thank goodness for warning signs and GPS warnings
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are incredible night shots, Jason. Maybe I should spend the dough and fly down there so you can show me how to do this right!

Jer
Thanks Jer. I think you would like it here in the spring/summer with the coastal lifestyle

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
At least the new "safety" camera over there are brightly coloured .... not like here where they are just gal and mix in with all the other poles around them.

Thank goodness for warning signs and GPS warnings
Thanks Simon. These ones are kind of obvious, but the normal mobile speed cameras are usually as hidden as possible and feature taunting messages IMO. Probably the same up your way too...
07-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Mechan1k's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,891
I forgot to mention that the night shots of the building are amazing ... nice work. I'd love to visit Perth ... its one place I haven't been to yet.

we have just gone back to the mobile units ... mind you ... here they stick out like anything ... so if you get done by one in Sydney ... you must be driving blind.
08-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #8
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I forgot to mention that the night shots of the building are amazing ... nice work. I'd love to visit Perth ... its one place I haven't been to yet.

we have just gone back to the mobile units ... mind you ... here they stick out like anything ... so if you get done by one in Sydney ... you must be driving blind.
Thanks for the further comment Simon. I haven't been to many places in this country, although I have been to Sydney when I was 17 or so. Did the bridgeclimb thing

cheers

08-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #9
Pentaxian
8540tomg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,461
These are all great Jason. Very fine.

Tom G
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member
tootall's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 422
Great results
08-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Original Poster
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. These turned out better than I had expected on the night.
tootall - feel free to poste some of your shots too
08-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member
tootall's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 422
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
tootall - feel free to poste some of your shots too
I already have a few days ago, only the one I thought was interesting. Here
08-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth
Posts: 32
Very tidy work Jase!

I should be filled with anger and hatred by that last photo (or the subject, rather) but I really like it a lot. The glow on the grass is very cool!

(I want exclusivity rights on tha council building, but you're doing much better with it. I was stunned to see the zoomed details in that wall - I love the shading the geometry of it creates)
08-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
wjt
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth
Photos: Albums
Posts: 371
awesome series mate. shame i couldn't make it, looks like it was a great night... next time. You get some really great results with that 15 Ltd, really do it justice.
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Pentaxian
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,574
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Spoons Quote
Very tidy work Jase!

I should be filled with anger and hatred by that last photo (or the subject, rather) but I really like it a lot. The glow on the grass is very cool!

(I want exclusivity rights on tha council building, but you're doing much better with it. I was stunned to see the zoomed details in that wall - I love the shading the geometry of it creates)
Thanks!
The last photo turned out better than I thought it would, but I was still hoping to get a shot of the camera going off
I don't hate these subjects, but maybe that's just because I haven't been done by one yet !

QuoteOriginally posted by mibane Quote
awesome series mate. shame i couldn't make it, looks like it was a great night... next time. You get some really great results with that 15 Ltd, really do it justice.
Thanks mate. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities
I have no problems with the little DA15 - just give it a half decent composition and it does the work for you Still planning to get one soon?

cheers,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, city, da, night, perth, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Aussie Pentaxians - scale model car racing MoiVous Travel, Events, and Groups 0 04-01-2010 05:38 PM
South Aussie Pentaxians - Northern Lights outing suggestion MoiVous Travel, Events, and Groups 1 03-02-2010 06:12 AM
Meeting 7 suggestion for South Aussie Pentaxians MoiVous Travel, Events, and Groups 1 01-25-2010 03:45 AM
West-Norway Pentaxians here? Nimrad Photographic Technique 0 12-15-2009 04:13 AM
South Aussie Pentaxians MoiVous Photographic Technique 0 03-13-2009 03:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top