Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
West Aussie Pentaxians Night Meetup
Lens: DA15 Limited Camera: K200D Photo Location: Perth city, AU ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: >6s 
Posted By: goddo31, 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM

Last week I met up with some of the WA/Perth PF members, taking some photos at night in the city. Here are a couple from the night.

City of Perth council building - DA 15 Limited

Perth Supreme Court facade - DA 15 Limited (cropped)

Building reflection - Pentax-M 200mm f/4

Red light speed camera - these are new here and this one was going off almost every few minutes - DA 15 Limited

Views: 2,741
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic series! All of these are really well-exposed and sharp!

Those cameras are the same ones they use in Arizona-. Don't we all hate them?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. Sharpness isn't a problem with the DA 15 limited
That camera really was making a killing, each flash being worth $150 IIRC (from the fine).
07-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are incredible night shots, Jason. Maybe I should spend the dough and fly down there so you can show me how to do this right!

Jer

07-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

At least the new "safety" camera over there are brightly coloured .... not like here where they are just gal and mix in with all the other poles around them.

Thank goodness for warning signs and GPS warnings
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are incredible night shots, Jason. Maybe I should spend the dough and fly down there so you can show me how to do this right!

Jer
Thanks Jer. I think you would like it here in the spring/summer with the coastal lifestyle

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
At least the new "safety" camera over there are brightly coloured .... not like here where they are just gal and mix in with all the other poles around them.

Thank goodness for warning signs and GPS warnings
Thanks Simon. These ones are kind of obvious, but the normal mobile speed cameras are usually as hidden as possible and feature taunting messages IMO. Probably the same up your way too...
07-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I forgot to mention that the night shots of the building are amazing ... nice work. I'd love to visit Perth ... its one place I haven't been to yet.

we have just gone back to the mobile units ... mind you ... here they stick out like anything ... so if you get done by one in Sydney ... you must be driving blind.

08-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I forgot to mention that the night shots of the building are amazing ... nice work. I'd love to visit Perth ... its one place I haven't been to yet.

we have just gone back to the mobile units ... mind you ... here they stick out like anything ... so if you get done by one in Sydney ... you must be driving blind.
Thanks for the further comment Simon. I haven't been to many places in this country, although I have been to Sydney when I was 17 or so. Did the bridgeclimb thing

cheers
08-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These are all great Jason. Very fine.

Tom G
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great results
08-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. These turned out better than I had expected on the night.
tootall - feel free to poste some of your shots too
08-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
tootall - feel free to poste some of your shots too
I already have a few days ago, only the one I thought was interesting. Here
08-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Very tidy work Jase!

I should be filled with anger and hatred by that last photo (or the subject, rather) but I really like it a lot. The glow on the grass is very cool!

(I want exclusivity rights on tha council building, but you're doing much better with it. I was stunned to see the zoomed details in that wall - I love the shading the geometry of it creates)
08-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
wjt
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
awesome series mate. shame i couldn't make it, looks like it was a great night... next time. You get some really great results with that 15 Ltd, really do it justice.
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Spoons Quote
Very tidy work Jase!

I should be filled with anger and hatred by that last photo (or the subject, rather) but I really like it a lot. The glow on the grass is very cool!

(I want exclusivity rights on tha council building, but you're doing much better with it. I was stunned to see the zoomed details in that wall - I love the shading the geometry of it creates)
Thanks!
The last photo turned out better than I thought it would, but I was still hoping to get a shot of the camera going off
I don't hate these subjects, but maybe that's just because I haven't been done by one yet !

QuoteOriginally posted by mibane Quote
awesome series mate. shame i couldn't make it, looks like it was a great night... next time. You get some really great results with that 15 Ltd, really do it justice.
Thanks mate. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities
I have no problems with the little DA15 - just give it a half decent composition and it does the work for you Still planning to get one soon?

cheers,