Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Watching you.
Posted By: clarenceclose, 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM

I call this one 'Watching You' of a friends mare.
As always C&C appreciated.

Last edited by clarenceclose; 01-25-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Views: 1,740
11-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Clarence, hmm I don't know what to say about this one. there is something about it........ Hate to say it but I got nothing on this. Not at all trying to be mean but I think maybe if there was more of the eye showing I would like it more. Or if it's head was turned a little more instead of straight on. Please take no offence only my $.02
11-30-2006, 04:28 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Clarence,

I've always enjoyed viewing close-ups like this. I like slight hint of brown coloration in the hair very much. Your choice of border colors helps bring it out even more. The image might have been a bit more engaging if the horses eye were looking more towards the camera but it might have taken away some of the wonderful vertical flow provided by the way the hair is placed.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 11-30-2006 at 04:41 AM.
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you both for your comments.
This one has been very popular at horse people gatherings. After I took the picture and showed it to my wife she brought out a book by Vavra (sp?) and showed me one of his, almost exactly the same shot. Tickled me. I take no offense at anyone's comments as they all are appreciated. We each have different ways of looking at things and I learn a lot about other people's insights from reading and listening to their reactions to photos. I get a glimpse of sight through your eyes. Thank you again.

11-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

whewwww!!! I was getting nervous when you didn't respond. But that is photogrpahy or art in general I guess. I can of soup to me is a can of soup but a bunch of cans of soup in a row hung on a wall (Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup Can) is art to someone else.
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I like this photo very much! It's great photo, with perfect composition and very strong impression. It's just the frame which I (honestly) don't like too much...
I really like a lot this hair and this look!!
12-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kjask Quote
I like this photo very much! It's great photo, with perfect composition and very strong impression. It's just the frame which I (honestly) don't like too much...
I really like a lot this hair and this look!!
Thank you. I was trying to decide about the frame. I like to use the frame to bring forward something within the photo but at times it can get in the way. I have considered having this one printed much larger and frameless mounted as a gift for my wife. I too feel it has a certain strength. Horses can be very interesting subjects and their personality and feeling come through quite clearly (when you can get them to hold still for the photo op )