Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Motorcycle Crash Sequence
Posted By: jbrowning, 08-02-2010, 07:10 AM

Hello everyone, I haven't had much to post lately. But yesterday I was able to get some good shots of crash at the races. These were taken at High Plains Raceway in Colorado.

Here are a few pics from the crash in MRA Open Super Bike class race on Sunday in turn 8 right before lunch.

Everyone ended up being ok.

Thanks
Jim Browning
Views: 3,366
08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
great captures...frighteningly so! how did the riders fare? dave m
Thanks Dave, the riders are both ok. One ride the trailer back with the motorcycles and the other rode back in the ambulance but he was walking under his own strength and I haven't heard of either one of them being injured.

Thanks
Jim

08-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
Thanks John, you mention where he is looking. In the full size photo you can tell he is looking in my direction. Now maybe he was looking from his left to right or vice versa. I am always concerned that I am a distraction to the riders even though I try and blend in as much as possible.

Thanks
Jim
Jim, I don't think that you need to worry about being a distraction. Any racer worth his or her salt is hyper-focused on the task at hand; they are constantly processing a ton of data - speed, gearing, track position, throttle, brake, lean angle, other riders, etc... Funny thing is, the faster they go the faster this data comes at them! For the truly fast, they are able to mentally slow down the world.

Try this the next time you are at the track - go to one of the racers and have them describe a lap to you. You'll be amazed at the level of detail they are able to describe it, down to what turn has ripples, what change in pavement color or pavement crack they use as their braking marker, what gear/revs they are in at every turn, etc...