Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My wifes Jewlery (useing new light box)
Posted By: Petthefish, 08-20-2007, 11:59 PM

Well thanks to everyone that helped me I have gotten taking pictures of my wifes jewelry about down now here are a few exsamples of the last few days please as always any comments you have are more then welcome I am always looking to improve my shots rp
Swarovski crystal and silver Angel earrings

Drop Bracelet

Lavender Butterfly Bracelet

I have to say thanks to all that helped me with the lighting question for my table top studio it is awesome thanks Rp
Views: 2,532
08-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #2

This is really nice and inspiring. I can't tell you how many years the project at the back of my brain has been to do something similar - with family pieces of jewerly and a few other items. So the photos just get printed and put in an album - with the history right there so the kids and eventually grandkids, can identify specifically some of the "junk" - LOL, we have held on to for so long. To let them know, so to speak, that X item really isn't junk.

Like seeing the way this has has worked for you. Great job.

Debbie
08-21-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Very nice results! Shooting jewellery is one of the hardest things I've tried. I metal detect as my other hobby and often find myself shooting rings I've found, it is more difficult than one would think to get a good result. A light box of some sort really helps.

I like the dark background in the first image, very nice. I usually use a white one but that is just because I use simple household objects for light diffusers. Plastic milk jugs work ok as do the white ice-cream buckets. I'd be interested in hearing how you get the dark background and maintain the light. Got any tips?

Oh...and don't forget to put your wife's jewellery back....
08-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Petthefish,
Beautiful work.

I'd almost suggest that you show your work to the insurance companies close to you and hand them some business cards.

If you can be bonded there has to be a market doing that for insurance reasons

08-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone my wife is in a startup business making Jewelry and it is one of the main reasons why we got the camera and now to be able to figure out how to do it is very nice thanks for the comments I will try and show more as we get some And Little laker I will have to check in to the insurance thing rp
08-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Good work.