Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Motorcycle Racing in Albuquerque
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 Camera: Nikon D700 Photo Location: Albuquerque, NM 
Posted By: deadwolfbones, 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM

GeneV, this is what you missed.

Here's some stuff from the most recent motorcycle races here in northern NM:








































Views: 2,945
08-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
Great shots deadwolfbones, it looks like you had a good weekend with a lot of action also.

Jim
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
Thanks, Jim! I've admired your motorcycle stuff in the past--part of what inspired me to get into shooting this stuff.
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
Thanks deadwolfbones, it is a lot of fun isn't it. I'm so addicted I can never wait till the next race weekend. The MRA does racing about every 3 weekends. And let me teill you it is a long 3 weeks. lol You did a fantastic job on these. Did you do a lot of PP on some of these? They look to have a nice gritty feel to them.

Keep up the good work.
Jim

08-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
Thanks deadwolfbones, it is a lot of fun isn't it. I'm so addicted I can never wait till the next race weekend. The MRA does racing about every 3 weekends. And let me teill you it is a long 3 weeks. lol You did a fantastic job on these. Did you do a lot of PP on some of these? They look to have a nice gritty feel to them.

Keep up the good work.
Jim
Yeah, I tend to PP these pretty heavily, though some more than others.

SMRI races once per month, with a testing day usually the day before the races.
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wales - Great Britain
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 130
lovely shots, but i thought the idea of this forum was that images are supposed to be taken with pentax kit..
08-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Yeah, I tend to PP these pretty heavily, though some more than others.

SMRI races once per month, with a testing day usually the day before the races.
I like the PP you used. Do you try to sell these to the riders? If you do what are their thoughts on the PP? I know here with the MRA the racers like the photos clean with the least amount of PP effects as possible. I'm just wondering if you have had any feedback from them.

I think last year they tried to do races about every couple of weeks but riders finances wouldn't allow them to race that often. This year with it being every 3 weeks (1 time a month) it seems the turnout has been good.

Thanks
Jim
08-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beer_nuts Quote
lovely shots, but i thought the idea of this forum was that images are supposed to be taken with pentax kit..
There are lots of multi-kit users here, and they're always welcome to post pics from either setup. We're all friends here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
I like the PP you used. Do you try to sell these to the riders? If you do what are their thoughts on the PP? I know here with the MRA the racers like the photos clean with the least amount of PP effects as possible. I'm just wondering if you have had any feedback from them.

I think last year they tried to do races about every couple of weeks but riders finances wouldn't allow them to race that often. This year with it being every 3 weeks (1 time a month) it seems the turnout has been good.
So far I haven't tried to market them at all. I just post the gallery link on the SMRI forum and let them have at it. Response in general to the pics is quite positive.

08-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
There are lots of multi-kit users here, and they're always welcome to post pics from either setup. We're all friends here.



So far I haven't tried to market them at all. I just post the gallery link on the SMRI forum and let them have at it. Response in general to the pics is quite positive.

That is great that you are getting the positve response on the pictures. I'm always curious of how other markets/groups view the pictures and what they like and don't like. Keep up the good work and I don't care what camera you use. You put in the hours of standing in the heat and sun and bugs eating you alive. Not everyone would be will to do that. I know this for a fact. We have well over 100 degree temps out on the track this weekend and it didn't really matter how much water and gaterades I drink I still couldn't keep hydrated. So my hats off to you and hope to see more great pictures from you and heck maybe some day I will make it down to one of your races and if you want to come up for one of ours just give me a shout.

Jim
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
Jim, I'd love that. I'll let you know if it looks like I can head up that way someday.
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
That sounds great deadwolfbones.

Jim
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
Name's Ben, by the way.
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member
MRRiley's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sterling, VA, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,275
I didn't even know they had a track in Albuquerque... but then again it was almost 20 years ago when we lived there. nice shots!

Mike
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,514
superlative series... you've added just the right amount of 'spice' to really make these shots special.... dave m
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I didn't even know they had a track in Albuquerque... but then again it was almost 20 years ago when we lived there. nice shots!
Thanks, Mike. The track might not be that old. It's out near the dump and the "correctional facility," on the west side of town off I-40.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
superlative series... you've added just the right amount of 'spice' to really make these shots special.... dave m
Thanks, Dave!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, motorcycle, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sports Motorcycle Racing at PIR mrfixit240 Post Your Photos! 3 05-27-2010 08:58 PM
Sports Motorcycle Racing flash1100 Post Your Photos! 10 05-27-2010 06:10 AM
Sports Motorcycle Ice Racing Pictures jbrowning Post Your Photos! 15 01-27-2010 08:47 PM
Motorcycle Racing Pictures jbrowning Post Your Photos! 6 07-30-2009 08:30 PM
Motorcycle Ice Racing FuzzyOne Post Your Photos! 21 02-25-2009 03:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top