Lens: Sigma 100-300mm f/4 Camera: Nikon D700 Photo Location: Albuquerque, NM 
Posted By: deadwolfbones, 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM

GeneV, this is what you missed.

Here's some stuff from the most recent motorcycle races here in northern NM:

Views: 3,223
08-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots deadwolfbones, it looks like you had a good weekend with a lot of action also.

Jim
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Jim! I've admired your motorcycle stuff in the past--part of what inspired me to get into shooting this stuff.
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks deadwolfbones, it is a lot of fun isn't it. I'm so addicted I can never wait till the next race weekend. The MRA does racing about every 3 weekends. And let me teill you it is a long 3 weeks. lol You did a fantastic job on these. Did you do a lot of PP on some of these? They look to have a nice gritty feel to them.

Keep up the good work.
Jim

08-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
Thanks deadwolfbones, it is a lot of fun isn't it. I'm so addicted I can never wait till the next race weekend. The MRA does racing about every 3 weekends. And let me teill you it is a long 3 weeks. lol You did a fantastic job on these. Did you do a lot of PP on some of these? They look to have a nice gritty feel to them.

Keep up the good work.
Jim
Yeah, I tend to PP these pretty heavily, though some more than others.

SMRI races once per month, with a testing day usually the day before the races.
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
lovely shots, but i thought the idea of this forum was that images are supposed to be taken with pentax kit..
08-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Yeah, I tend to PP these pretty heavily, though some more than others.

SMRI races once per month, with a testing day usually the day before the races.
I like the PP you used. Do you try to sell these to the riders? If you do what are their thoughts on the PP? I know here with the MRA the racers like the photos clean with the least amount of PP effects as possible. I'm just wondering if you have had any feedback from them.

I think last year they tried to do races about every couple of weeks but riders finances wouldn't allow them to race that often. This year with it being every 3 weeks (1 time a month) it seems the turnout has been good.

Thanks
Jim

08-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beer_nuts Quote
lovely shots, but i thought the idea of this forum was that images are supposed to be taken with pentax kit..
There are lots of multi-kit users here, and they're always welcome to post pics from either setup. We're all friends here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
I like the PP you used. Do you try to sell these to the riders? If you do what are their thoughts on the PP? I know here with the MRA the racers like the photos clean with the least amount of PP effects as possible. I'm just wondering if you have had any feedback from them.

I think last year they tried to do races about every couple of weeks but riders finances wouldn't allow them to race that often. This year with it being every 3 weeks (1 time a month) it seems the turnout has been good.
So far I haven't tried to market them at all. I just post the gallery link on the SMRI forum and let them have at it. Response in general to the pics is quite positive.
08-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
There are lots of multi-kit users here, and they're always welcome to post pics from either setup. We're all friends here.

So far I haven't tried to market them at all. I just post the gallery link on the SMRI forum and let them have at it. Response in general to the pics is quite positive.

That is great that you are getting the positve response on the pictures. I'm always curious of how other markets/groups view the pictures and what they like and don't like. Keep up the good work and I don't care what camera you use. You put in the hours of standing in the heat and sun and bugs eating you alive. Not everyone would be will to do that. I know this for a fact. We have well over 100 degree temps out on the track this weekend and it didn't really matter how much water and gaterades I drink I still couldn't keep hydrated. So my hats off to you and hope to see more great pictures from you and heck maybe some day I will make it down to one of your races and if you want to come up for one of ours just give me a shout.

Jim
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jim, I'd love that. I'll let you know if it looks like I can head up that way someday.
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Veteran Member

That sounds great deadwolfbones.

Jim
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Name's Ben, by the way.
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I didn't even know they had a track in Albuquerque... but then again it was almost 20 years ago when we lived there. nice shots!

Mike
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

superlative series... you've added just the right amount of 'spice' to really make these shots special.... dave m
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I didn't even know they had a track in Albuquerque... but then again it was almost 20 years ago when we lived there. nice shots!
Thanks, Mike. The track might not be that old. It's out near the dump and the "correctional facility," on the west side of town off I-40.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
superlative series... you've added just the right amount of 'spice' to really make these shots special.... dave m
Thanks, Dave!