Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Simple Instructions
Lens: 50mm f2.0 Camera: K10d Photo Location: Culpeper, VA ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Steve Beswick, 08-03-2010, 06:29 PM

I shot this photo right outside the Frost Cafe in Culpeper, Virginia. Culpeper is a wonderful city, an extremely active old-fashioned downtown. I didn't notice a single national chain store during my excursion on Davis street! If it wasn't for the cars and the clothes I would have sworn I had turned the corner into the 1950's! When I see many of the dying downtowns in my area, thinking of Culpeper almost brings a tear to my eye while giving me a feeling of hope.

Getting back to the photo-
It was the beginning of April. I was stuffed full of a wonderfully over sauced BBQ beef sandwich, standing on the corner of Davis and Main, when quite a few more-than-decent photos revealed themselves to my eyes. This particular shot is the one that perplexed me, and kind of made me laugh. Does anybody who manages to find their way to central Virgina in this day and age need instructions on how to use a crossing signal?

Last edited by Steve Beswick; 10-24-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Views: 1,329
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
should post this in the signs thread... it would be most appropriate !!! Some city has way too much of a budget... LOL
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MountainCat Quote
should post this in the signs thread... it would be most appropriate !!! Some city has way too much of a budget... LOL
I had totally forgotten the sign thread. Thanks for reminding me!

Edit: Plus rep point for you!

Last edited by Steve Beswick; 08-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.
08-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Saw ones just like it in a residential area in Denver a while back.

They all seem to be posted where those who can't read 'em (for whatever reason) don't pay any attention to 'em.

Wonder how much they cost us? It's not as though they're just more fine print to be ignored on a label.

H2