Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Limited LBA X 2!!!
Posted By: sft, 08-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Oh Yes. After months of waiting - I just had 2 very special lenses arrive today. No DA*'s here. Something even better!

Not much to comment except for - Wow!!

Some first shots in reply.

Both are so impressive but this one especially is a captivating lens:

And this one is one sweet pancake (pun intended):

I only took out the FA31 with me tonight when going out for dinner. I have to say though the DA21 is also an incredibly good lens. Sharp from wide-open (both of them are in fact) and both render lovely. The bokeh on FA31 is yummy!

Some first shots with the FA31. EXIF Intact. I am overjoyed!

Views: 1,604
08-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You're making me jealous

But i'll stick with my FA35

PS: i'll upgrade my zenfolio account by the end of the month, and i'll use your referral, 5$ less to help you finance your LBA
08-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
sft

Original Poster
Heh heh! I am one happy camper today! The FA31 was an early birthday gift by my dad - too mouch dough for me otherwise If I paid my own money think I would have ended up with a FA35 too probably. But hey I am not complaining!!

You'll like Zenfolio - it's a great service. $5 more for LBA for the both of us
08-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice lenses and nice pics...

08-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful work- I really like the one of the young man painting the boat-the light is really perfect. It reminds me of a norman rockwell kind of painting
08-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hey, looks like a good match of photographer and lens! You do the 31 Ltd justice with your photos. Kudos! And I'd have to say, you have one great dad for him to understand your passion.
08-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

You have a typo in the subject: it should read "Unlimited LBA X 2!!!" LOL!

Nice pictures. Where is DA70 (or FA77) BTW? ;-)))

08-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow Sinan, I'd say you are already making very good use of your new 31mm ltd. Thank you for sharing your evening. I wish I could have been there. It really looks great! Congrats on both of your new lenses. They are a very fine pair!
08-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #9
sft

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies Charlie, Tom and Vinzer. - I am glad you like the photos, hopefully I can do these lenses Justice. It is indeed nice when your dad understands and more so supports one of your main hobbies!

Ivan - LOL I think I am set with primes for now. I now have the 21,31,50,100. I plan to only do shoots taking out the primes and leave the zooms at home - should be fun! As for the DA70/FA77 maybe one day but not yet I think.

Laree - thanks for the comments - they indeed are a nice pair. You know danny_only on dpreview forums right? He is a Panny & Fuji shooter too - he just got himself a K100D Super. He's a real nice guy - I'm looking forward to see what he can do with a dSLR.
08-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sft Quote

Laree - thanks for the comments - they indeed are a nice pair. You know danny_only on dpreview forums right? He is a Panny & Fuji shooter too - he just got himself a K100D Super. He's a real nice guy - I'm looking forward to see what he can do with a dSLR.
Danny is a great guy and I enjoy his photography. I alos am looking forward to seeing what he does with the k100d.
08-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Wow is all I can say ... what a fantastic series of shots you have taken. They have warmth and depth to them.

I keep seeing some fantastic images on these forums from the 31 LTD ... I wish I had the moolah to get one. It's one of those "I wish I had" lenses that I doubt I'll ever be able to afford.

Again .... well done ... i enjoyed looking through this series.

I'd even say some of these would be worthy of Pentax gallery material as well.
08-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #12
sft

Original Poster
Cheers Simon! I'm glad you think highly of the shots. I think I will really like the FA31 - I really enjoyed the FOV and the handling is real nice - I do miss quick shift focus though.

It was also one of the those -wow that lens looks real nice but too bad its too expensive type lenses for me too - but save up and eventually you'll have the dough (if you can justify the price). For me it was nicer because it was a birthday gift from my dad and what a nice guy for him to buy me this most impressive Limited
08-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I am hoping to be able to purchase one of these eventually. Although i have (kind of) held my LBA at bay ... by purchase/ordering some lenses ... typical ... hee hee.

I am quite happy that friend's and family pitched in for part of my B'day present this year anyway (new K10D with accessories)