Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
More Helios Magic
Lens: Helios-44K-4 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: My Back Yard ISO: 400 Aperture: F2 
Posted By: deadwolfbones, 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Some more Helios-44K-4 on the K-7. All f/2, of course:




















Views: 2,504
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Jimbo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maple Ridge BC Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,368
Ok, I am just going to say WOW! JIM
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Ok, I am just going to say WOW! JIM
+1 on that!

And especially the last two!
08-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
Thanks, guys!

Every time I pull this lens out, I wonder why it was on the shelf so long.

08-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
Are there any Helios lenses made in K mount?
08-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member
tigershiok's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: singapore
Photos: Albums
Posts: 346
superb shots. can't believe what this lens can do! just bot one from ebay(russia), they also have the helios 77k 50mm/1.4. did any one try it?
08-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #7
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newrfoundland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,659
Go HELIOS!
love that glass btw!

QuoteOriginally posted by tigershiok Quote
superb shots. can't believe what this lens can do! just bot one from ebay(russia), they also have the helios 77k 50mm/1.4. did any one try it?
Isn't the 77-K an f/1.8 lens?
08-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Are there any Helios lenses made in K mount?
This one.

I shot these with the Helios-44K-4, which is a K-mount version.

The 77-K is a K-mount lens as well, but it's a 50/1.8 that's optically unrelated to the 44s.

08-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
This one.

I shot these with the Helios-44K-4, which is a K-mount version.

The 77-K is a K-mount lens as well, but it's a 50/1.8 that's optically unrelated to the 44s.
Ohhh! You just my LBA come back!
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Pablom's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jerusalem
Posts: 1,940
holly crap! I LOVE those B&W's! keep'em coming
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
This one.

I shot these with the Helios-44K-4, which is a K-mount version.

The 77-K is a K-mount lens as well, but it's a 50/1.8 that's optically unrelated to the 44s.
I found some pictures and info about the 77K as well.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but...

If i was to buy ONE Helios, and only for the wide open bokeh usage. Is the 44 the one to go for? Because i love this kind of bokeh !
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
From what I've seen, yeah, the 44 variants are the ones to go for.

The 44K-4 comes in both MC and non-MC variants. I had the non-MC before the MC I have now, and I think I actually liked it a little better. Might be placebo, though.
08-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
From what I've seen, yeah, the 44 variants are the ones to go for.

The 44K-4 comes in both MC and non-MC variants. I had the non-MC before the MC I have now, and I think I actually liked it a little better. Might be placebo, though.
Thanks! Seems they come cheap to! Whats the deal about that? Do people consider them bad or something?

Well, guess im a sucker for special and different bokeh. I loved my Cosina 50 1,2 only for its wide open magical bokeh, but some people couldnt stand it at all.

Im the kind that loves the ultra smoth bokeh AND the insane exploding chaos bokeh some lenses produce.

The Helios will be a perfect contrast to my A50 1,2!

Hey....thanks for enlighten me
08-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,450
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Thanks! Seems they come cheap to! Whats the deal about that? Do people consider them bad or something?

Well, guess im a sucker for special and different bokeh. I loved my Cosina 50 1,2 only for its wide open magical bokeh, but some people couldnt stand it at all.

Im the kind that loves the ultra smoth bokeh AND the insane exploding chaos bokeh some lenses produce.

The Helios will be a perfect contrast to my A50 1,2!

Hey....thanks for enlighten me
No problem!

They're cheap because they were cheaply made (QC ain't great) and mass-produced by the Russians, and there are thousands of them sitting around unused in the former USSR right now.

The design is said to be identical to the Zeiss Biotar with the same specs, but the Soviets didn't have to do any R&D to get their version going.
08-06-2010, 06:11 AM   #15
Veteran Member
gawan's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Helsinki
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,400
Stunning play with light in all of these images, great job!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sibling Rivalry: Helios 44M vs. Helios 44M-4 stevebrot Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 36 08-03-2013 09:31 AM
People 'O Helios O' Helios where art be? JohnBee Post Your Photos! 6 03-12-2011 07:19 PM
Nature Magic of helios 85mm wide open ramir73 Post Your Photos! 1 03-06-2010 01:14 PM
For Sale - Sold: M42 Helios 44M-6 MC 58mm F/2 & Helios 44-2 58mm F/2 donTTouchonlywatch Sold Items 6 12-25-2009 02:16 AM
Magic ... volley Post Your Photos! 12 08-23-2009 01:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top